Drive X shows unallocated after I install windows on Drive Y (But I had files on Drive X)

Zaki_Owais

I'll explain my situation first. Drive X is my 1TB HDD. It had 2 partitions. Windows was installed on one of them. But where I live, there are frequent power outages. So the windows got corrupted or something because it of getting properly shut down. It wasn't booting. And it was so slow that I couldn't even install a fresh window.

Now I brought a new 250GB m.2 SSD. I partitioned it half. I installed windows on one of them. The other is still unallocated.

The problem is Drive X had 2 partitions. One had windows and others had my files. The whole drive is showing as "unallocated". 
So are my files all gone? Is there a way to retrieve them back? 
THANKS!
I'm currently using only the 120GB partition of Drive Y .

EDIT:So I'm using this guide:https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/disk-unknown-not-initialized.html
But the part where they say 
"Step 2: In the left pane of the main interface, select the unknown external hard drive and click “Rebuild MBR” from “Check Disk” menu. You can also right-click the target disk and select this function."

Yeah,nothing shows if I right-click. The drive is shown as "Bad Drive".

40 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

The drive is shown as "Bad Drive".

Ok, here's what you do:

Go get a program called Zero Assumption Recovery. They have (IIRC) a demo of it.

If it sees the drive, it'll recover the data.

If it doesn't see the drive, then the drive is dead and everything is gone.

Good luck. Report back

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, here's what you do:

Go get a program called Zero Assumption Recovery. They have (IIRC) a demo of it.

If it sees the drive, it'll recover the data.

If it doesn't see the drive, then the drive is dead and everything is gone.

Good luck. Report back

Ok, so it is taking a lot of time. But I'm waiting.

I don't have any problems if I lost the data on that drive. There was nothing personal. But I can't even format the drive. Its needs to be initiated but if I try that its show "data error cyclic redundancy check".
Any solutions?

Just now, Zaki_Owais said:

data error cyclic redundancy check

That's a classic sign the drive is, indeed, gone bad.

If you don't need the data stored on it, then save yourself some time and remove the drive, and install a new one (if you need/want it)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's a classic sign the drive is, indeed, gone bad.

If you don't need the data stored on it, then save yourself some time and remove the drive, and install a new one (if you need/want it)

By gone bad you mean it cant be used anymore?

Just now, Zaki_Owais said:

By gone bad you it cant be used anymore?

Sectors are dying on the drive, and it's unknown how many. While you *could* partition the bad parts off, it's unwise to use it, as it might fail entirely at any time.

If you want a drive map of where the sectors are that are bad, use the following program:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-guide/disk-surface-test.html