Aliexpress experiences

Vejnemojnen

So I decided to open a thread about experiences with coolers, fans, controlleurs or cables purchased from Aliexpress. 

I have not bought anything yet, but I've bookmarked-saved a few products, mostly Case fans and CPU coolers. Is there anyone who actually bought& used stuff purchased from Ali? how were the noise levels, performance, installation ?

Any shared experiences and stories would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any input. 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

The stuff is pretty much same as what is being sold on Amazon etc. by marketplace sellers. Generally they look good, but performance lacks. Plus that you will have some hard time with warranty. I personally avoid anything where I would have to deal with warranty issues for that reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, James Evens said:

@LogicalDrm You save enough to tank the failures. In the end you still save money.

If I would only think money, I wouldn't buy anywhere else than Aliexpress and it likes. But I don't. Buy buying bad quality products, you encourage manufacturing those products. Creating more waste, more pollution and more stuff that nobody really wants and will throwaway after very short lifetime.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would not take my chances with poor cheap products, rather, aim for a mid-class price range. For instance, AIGO coolers-fans. Those are neither cheap, nor unknown. I guess, they can be kind of a good value.

Just browsing through "csillámpóni" case fans and some CPU heatsinks. Probably I'll make an experience, some time soon. 

Though I've built my case with P14 PWM Arctic freezer fans (with PST, as my mobo only has 1! fan header for case fans..). And they perform very well. Quiet, move enough air, and were dirty cheap.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

They mostly all use the same crappy generic single spring clip to attach to a bracket, it's not a very good setup but it lets them put the same heat sink on like every different socket. There's some decent looking cheap ones but they all use the crappy clip.