Ryzen 3700x high temp on open loop

hello everyone,

first time on here, and hoping i can get some help.  i just built my first hardline open loop system, and i'm baffled by my CPU temps. under prime 95 i can get the CPU to 87c before i stop the test.

my GPU is running a chilly 38c under full load , so i know the pump is working and the radiator is large enough. I also had the fans all full speed for the test.

i'll list what i'm using as it pertains the the cooling.  anyone know what could be going on?

water block - Ek velocity AMD copper + PLexi

pump - EK D% pump res combo

RAD - 420mm

fans - x3 fractal design prisma AL14 @1700rpm

tuning- 16mm

TIM - Kryonaught 

IMG_20190805_220537.jpg

Not quite sure, but I would say thay the hot liquid from the GPU is flowing directly to the CPU.

59 minutes ago, Legacystar said:

hello everyone,

first time on here, and hoping i can get some help.  i just built my first hardline open loop system, and i'm baffled by my CPU temps. under prime 95 i can get the CPU to 87c before i stop the test.

my GPU is running a chilly 38c under full load , so i know the pump is working and the radiator is large enough. I also had the fans all full speed for the test.

i'll list what i'm using as it pertains the the cooling.  anyone know what could be going on?

water block - Ek velocity AMD copper + PLexi

pump - EK D% pump res combo

RAD - 420mm

fans - x3 fractal design prisma AL14 @1700rpm

tuning- 16mm

TIM - Kryonaught 

I would remount your CPU block, sounds like uneven mount. or TIM issue.

I run a 2700x after my GPU and temps hold after an hour at 65C with a 1.45v vcore OC that with CPU and GPU pegged. im only using a single 360x30mm radiator.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

ok, i pulled the block and check how flat it was, and it was domed, so i lapped it and temps are better,. staying under 75c.  i contacted EK and they state they convex the base on purpose and the pressure from the mounting screws is supposed to flatten it against the CPU. anyone think this sounds right?

On 8/21/2019 at 11:56 PM, Catchears said:

Not quite sure, but I would say thay the hot liquid from the GPU is flowing directly to the CPU.

Unless your coolant flow is pretty much non-existent then this isn't a possibility. Your temp variance in your loop is often less than .5c from hottest to coolest point.