PC does not output display despite everything being OK

NunoLava1998

I bought a new case, power supply and motherboard. I assembled it all and it seems to work just fine and boot into the OS however there's no display at all. I've tried reseating basically everything, using only one memory, reseating GPU, clearing CMOS, literally everything that people say to do. I'm tired it's been 3 hours..

R5 1500X

ASRock B450 Gaming ITX/ac

24gb ddr4

Rx570

Optane 800P 58gb

Two sata SSDs

beQuiet sfx Power 2 400w 

Silverstone ML08B

Apologies for any bad English I'm using my phone

IMG_20190819_144700.jpg

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Based on the orientation of that DVI cable, seems you have a vertical GPU mount, but I dont see any PCIe riser cable plugged into the motherboard?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Based on the orientation of that DVI cable, seems you have a vertical GPU mount, but I dont see any PCIe riser cable plugged into the motherboard?

There is just blends with the case

IMG_20190819_145609.jpg

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

There is

IMG_20190819_145609.jpg

mmmk, Have you tried plugging the GPU directly into the board outside the case and see? Could be a faulty riser card. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

mmmk, Have you tried plugging the GPU directly into the board outside the case and see? Could be a faulty riser card. 

I can't, you need a riser to mount it. I think it's the case riser too but I don't know how to get replacements locally

I can't, you need a riser to mount it. I think it's the case riser too but I don't know how to get replacements locally

Right, but you will need to pull the system from the case and build it outside the case on a box, preferably your motherboard box to be non conductive and test. This will tell us if its the riser cable or not. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

13 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Right, but you will need to pull the system from the case and build it outside the case on a box, preferably your motherboard box to be non conductive and test. This will tell us if its the riser cable or not. 

it works fine like that however I'm going to try to put it back again and see if it works.

I can't wait much more time for this system it's my only fucking rig so I hope it works because I'm going to be seriously pissed off if I have to wait another week

it works fine like that however I'm going to try to put it back again and see if it works.

I can't wait much more time for this system it's my only fucking rig so I hope it works because I'm going to be seriously pissed off if I have to wait another week

if it works outside the case with the GPU plugged directly into the board, but not on the riser cable, sounds like a bad riser cable then and you may need to hit up Silverstone to get a new one. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

if it works outside the case with the GPU plugged directly into the board, but not on the riser cable, sounds like a bad riser cable then and you may need to hit up Silverstone to get a new one. 

I'd rather just buy a new one RMAs are hard and take time. Any ones you can link on amazon.es?

I'd rather just buy a new one RMAs are hard and take time. Any ones you can link on amazon.es?

Sadly, with it being a SFF case, you likely need the specific one thats designed for the case to fit and route properly. Check your case parts manual it should have a part # you can search for it by. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Sadly, with it being a SFF case, you likely need the specific one thats designed for the case to fit and route properly. Check your case parts manual it should have a part # you can search for it by. 

Actually it's the mobo, NOT the riser.

The thing is that if I return it to Amazon I'll only have my money back 14th of September. WTF?????

22 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Actually it's the mobo, NOT the riser.

The thing is that if I return it to Amazon I'll only have my money back 14th of September. WTF?????

23 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

actually nevermind.

i thought I'd reset the BIOS, but the reset BIOS jumper on the mobo was broken and the CMOS battery is hidden asf for some reason.

took it to shop. they reset the BIOS, works just fine.

i'm going to upgrade to the latest BIOS now (that's recommended)