Microphone Suggestion

NonRelyable

Hello, I have been wanting a actual mic instead of a headset for a while now and Fifine K669B seemed like a good option. However I have no idea if there are better options for around the same price range. In addition I have no idea what stand or pop filter to get. My voice does tend to be on the softer side if that helps in making a decision, but I when I get excited / angry I can escalate my voice quickly. Mostly I am looking to just get a better sound then from my massdrop x sennheiser pc37x. My max budget would be around 100$ usd, but if there is something better around 150$ I am willing to spend the extra for the sound quality. Thanks ahead for any replies.

Is that budget just for the mic, or the interface/cable/stand/pop shield too? :)

Also...

On 8/19/2019 at 6:41 AM, Tesuki said:

My voice does tend to be on the softer side if that helps in making a decision, but I when I get excited / angry I can escalate my voice quickly

One way to combat this so your audience won't get their ears blasted, is a software compressor. A physical compressor is out of the question at this price point. You'll just need software that processes your microphone signal. Compressor mostly, this is to reduce the dynamic range of the audio (makes soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer; to balance the overall volume).

The best way to improve  'your sound' though, improve your technique. Speak louder and more consistently. Have you ever seen those tutorial videos of people speaker 2cm from the mic because they're filming at night and don't want to wake the family? No body wants to sound like that creep. hahaha Improve your speaking technique.

It is the budget for everything, and I can work on my technique. Edit: It could be that my headset is kind of bad that I have to boost the mic +10 and not my voice.

• 1 month later...