Ripping out hair over the Blue Yeti

f2bacon

I'll try my best to long story short here.
I got a used Blue Yeti from ebay. Bad condition, bent cable. Wouldn't work. A lot of "device descriptor request failed", and even when I solved that, no luck. I returned that and got one in store.
Similar issues, it wouldn't show up in device manager or sound inputs or anything. I read that these prefer usb2 to usb3 so I was plugging into random slots and it ended up working through a usb hub.
I used it for a day and was super happy with it. I went to clean up some cable work and route the cables out of the way, and now I'm back to square one. The damn thing lights up when I plug it in, but the computer doesn't acknowledge it in any way. No device manager or anything.
I found out my motherboard and case are only usb3 connections. So I tried going inside and plugging the yeti into my nzxt usb hub, no luck. I plugged it into another computer and had the exact same issue. Then I realized when it worked for a sec, it was on the usb3 hub, so it's not even a usb 3 or 2 issue. I tried unplugged all other usb devices and having the cable straight into the motherboard.
I'm really losing my mind here because I don't understand how it worked fine for a full day before not working again. I'm wondering if anything was even wrong with the one I got from ebay.

I'm sorry this goes on for so long but considering how popular this mic is, and how I spent the last 3/4 hours searching the internet for answers in terms of sound drivers and shit like that, I'm giving up. If anyone has any info on how to figure something like this out please help. I've just been plugging and unplugging for the past 20 minutes.

Well my headset had similar issues so i tried troubleshooting it in windows settings. And it worked after that so try it

4 hours ago, mcelias123 said:

Well my headset had similar issues so i tried troubleshooting it in windows settings. And it worked after that so try it

I've tried that, it seems like windows only lets you troubleshoot devices that it can see. 
(Microphone realtek high def isn't it, that's when I plug a wired mic into the front panel connectors)

1.PNG

2.PNG