Buying used vega 64 nitro+

edvinasfresh

Hi guys, found a deal, vega 64 nitro+ for 280 euros, already talked to a seller, according to him:

Card was used for few months,

Doesn't have original box, no guarantee,

Could show me some kind of sales paper,

Has a pcie bracket,

Asked for GPU-Z info, stress test and offered a witcher 3 test, he agreed on it.

Anything i should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, edvinasfresh said:

Hi guys, found a deal, vega 64 nitro+ for 280 euros, already talked to a seller, according to him:

Card was used for few months,

Doesn't have original box, no guarantee,

Could show me some kind of sales paper,

Has a pcie bracket,

Asked for GPU-Z info, stress test and offered a witcher 3 test, he agreed on it.

Anything i should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

1) Performance. Look at other benchmarks of a Vega 64. Do they match?

2) Thermals and noise. It might be getting extremely hot and throttling or causing fans to spin a lot faster making a lot of noise.

3) Prolonged load. Try stress testing it and keeping it stressed for a long amount of time like a couple hours (I'd say something like 6 hours but I don't think anyone has the patience for that). 

4) Once bought a used "RX 480". Every program I had, even GPU-Z, said it was an RX 480. But then I did some comparisons and turns out the bandwidth and speed were that of an RX 570. I just couldn't really tell because they were both doing well in benchmarks of games and I never had an RX 480 before. So be sure to compare the info properly with the spec sheet and the GPU-Z info. If everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (except boost clocks because they depend on temperature, however memory clocks are supposed to line up if not overclocked) is same, then all is good.

5) Does every port on the card work? Imagine getting a second monitor one day only to find out the second display output doesn't work or that only one output works. Make sure to test all of them.

That's all I can think of right now. It may seem a bit extreme but it's better to be cautious than to buy it, realize the mistake later, and regret it. There might be something else I'm forgetting though. Just be sure to reach an agreement for a refund or something similar if the card doesn't work. Getting an agreement like that would be next to impossible but I've gotten it before and it wouldn't hurt to try. Good Luck!

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

Bought that vega 64 nitro+.

Paid 260 euros.

Forza Horizon 4, 1080p 75hz max settings drawing 100-150W, max temps 50C. I'm so glad i bought this. 

37 minutes ago, edvinasfresh said:

Bought that vega 64 nitro+.

Paid 260 euros.

Forza Horizon 4, 1080p 75hz max settings drawing 100-150W, max temps 50C. I'm so glad i bought this. 

That's an awesome card for a great price. I bought a 980ti a while ago for about the same. The lower power consumption means you should still have some room for improved performance 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

That's an awesome card for a great price. I bought a 980ti a while ago for about the same. The lower power consumption means you should still have some room for improved performance 

Considering here in Lithuania RX 5700 is around 400 euros, i didn't see why i should have paid 140 euros more for it. Lucky me, that vega 64 was for sale for 2 months, and no one bought it lol.