Fractal Design Define S2 Bottom Mount Rad support.

Modzy

Hi all, 

I'm in the processing of searching for my next case to do a stealth customer h20 build in, and i've been looking at the Fractal Design Define S2. 

However my plan is to mount my Blackice SR2 280 MP in the bottom. My issue is clearence as this rad is,

• 312mm x 153mm x 60mm (L x W x H)

.And from what i can find i can't see any "up to" measurements for mounting 280mm rads in the bottom of this case.

I also use a corsair HX1200i psu which is 200mm long + cable output space.

Is anyone here able to provide the measurements for that bottom space?

thanks 

24 minutes ago, Modzy said:

And from what i can find i can't see any "up to" measurements for mounting 280mm rads in the bottom of this case.

If you're referring to height, the PSU shroud is about as tall as your PSU, so say about 4". With a 60mm rad, you'll probably want to remove the PSU shroud in oder to make it work (which will require drilling out rivits)

As for length, we can use the max GPU length as a guesstimate for how long everything can be internally (465mm) Considering your rad is 312mm long, you only have 153 mm of room left for a PSU.... Though we do get a bit more length because the GPU length does into include the PCI-E bracket which adds a boit of length to the very back of the case, so a standard 165mm long PSU would fit, but only a standard length ATX PSU. Your 200mm PSU will almost certainly not fit with the 280 rad at the bottom. 

image.png.f90cd94a05fe268a3cd80ebc99d5f8bd.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Not its the bottom chamber and the space between the mounting and that side piece. i know the psu space will be tight as well.

2089187059_bottommount.jpg.09539d4112a716d20129a118cc492a37.jpg
space.thumb.png.b4659eccc56d42c096491701f8ece511.png

3 minutes ago, Modzy said:

Not its the bottom chamber and the space between the mounting and that side piece. i know the psu space will be tight as well.

The one dimension I didnt cover ?

Someone with a Define R6 is gonna have to answer that, because I have no way of guesstimating with any amount of confidence. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yeah, I do have a 240 MP SR2 as well, but i was hoping to build the new system with just to 280. i could just mount the fans and just sit the rad on top of them loosely if its a matter of 2-5 mm or something. 
but just eye balling it i think i might need to go the 240 just based on the length along.