DVI,HDMI,VGA??? gaming

jameshumphries47

okay guys im getting into gaming and im setting up a dual monitor setup from 1 single 770, ad I don't know what cable should I use,? for performance and response time?

thanks

~James

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

VGA cannot give as good as picture then HDMI or DVI which are both digital instead of analog. I would go DUal layer DVI or regular DVI unless you don't have separate speakers because HDMI runs sound over the cable also.

I always use DVI.

"All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again."

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." - Kerouac

Where is DP?

edit: i use DVI when DP is not available.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

HDMI or DVI is just fine. Stay away from VGA, though. Essentially DVI has the higher bandwidth, therefore can support higher resolutions and refresh rates. I personally try to use DVI where ever I can. HDMI is fine,also. I just hate that the interface has no lock in mechanism. So the cable could come loose from time to time and gets annoying  :lol:

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

okay guys im getting into gaming and im setting up a dual monitor setup from 1 single 770, ad I don't know what cable should I use,? for performance and response time?

thanks

~James

VGA makes my monitor have a weird grainy look to it, and that's explained by the fact that it's an analog cable. Not recommended at all. 

HDMI and DVI are both digital cables, and there is no picture quality or input lag difference between both of them. Advantage of HDMI is that it can also carry audio, but that doesn't really matter for monitors unless you have speakers on your monitor (which you probably shouldn't use anyway). Personally I much prefer DVI because the cable screws in and is very secure. HDMI on the other hand often has to be adjusted and if you pull on it just a little, the signal will cut. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

okay another question how would I split the dvi cable for 2 monitors?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

i have this weird Samsung S27B750V monitor so i use this weird hdmi to dvi cable.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

DP...

add it to the poll

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

@LukaP I wanted to know between the three I didn't want display port

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

well most users will use DP if available. i have not used non-dp tech for quite some time now.... last i remeber i used DVI too hook up my old monitor to my bros PC

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

HDMI or DVI is just fine. Stay away from VGA, though. Essentially DVI has the higher bandwidth, therefore can support higher resolutions and refresh rates. I personally try to use DVI where ever I can. HDMI is fine,also. I just hate that the interface has no lock in mechanism. So the cable could come loose from time to time and gets annoying  :lol:

Elven

what happens when the cable is saturated with bandwith usage and more is needed?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

what happens when the cable is saturated with bandwith usage and more is needed?

It usually says the display isn't supported or signal out of range. Basically, will flat out not work.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

HDMI or DVI is definitely much better because it is digital. VGA is analogue and I have to use it for my crap monitor and I get these wavey lines, probably due to it conflicting with my wireless adapter.

I got a cheap 24 inch lcd monitor hooked up to my laptop as a second monitor as vga lol, but I really only use that monitor to watch videos on and for some general web surfing, I use the one in my laptop for gaming. my new system i will probably be  using dvi.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger