Looking for a game to play with my girlfriend

Bfuqua

So my girlfriend and I are taking a break from Minecraft, and we're looking for something else we can play together. 

The problem is the disparity between our gaming capabilities. She's using a fairly decent gaming PC that can at least sort of handle most modern games. And I'm stuck with an old laptop that runs Minecraft alright, but much more than that can be rough. 

This wouldn't be such a huge issue if she weren't exclusively a PC gamer. She doesn't play consoles at all, and I have all the consoles. 

So I was wondering if you guys might be able to give us some recommendations on games we could play together. Something that my potato might actually run, or something that has crossplay with PC and console. 

We're big Minecraft fans, as well as other similar games like 7 days to die. We were going to play elder scrolls online, because we thought it had crossplay(I have it on PS4), but I've discovered it doesn't. We're also both fans of farming/crafting games like "my time at Portia", but for some reason she's totally against playing stardew valley.(apparently she hates retro pixel graphics)

I jokingly threw out the suggestion of playing fortnite, since it has crossplay, and thank God she said no. Really not into battle Royale/MOBA games. 

I suggested Diablo 3, because my laptop might run it, but I haven't gotten a response yet. 

We're really open to just about anything, so if there's a game with co-op that you like, feel free to throw it out there. All suggestions are appreciated. 

Attached is a blurry picture of her steam library, because she doesn't know how to use printscreen.

12bcb9a6-a01e-4dd2-99cb-3e39891991d7.jpg

Just now, pizapower said:

SA-MP

What?

2 minutes ago, pizapower said:

San Andreas Multiplayer

Didn't even know San Andreas had multiplayer. Would servers for something that old still be up? 

I'm a big fan of Diablo II, it supports both online (Battle.Net) and LAN multiplayer.

Diablo III is good for a more modern option.

Torchlight II is a similar option that, like Diablo II, supports online and LAN multiplayer.

The Portal games I think support co-op, and you can play with others on Gmod too. Left for Dead II I know supports co-op, and I think Left for Dead does as well.

2 minutes ago, Bfuqua said:

Didn't even know San Andreas had multiplayer. Would servers for something that old still be up? 

It's a mod for San Andreas. There's also MTA:SA, though I haven't played either in years, so I don't know how active servers on each of them are anymore.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

I'm a big fan of Diablo II, it supports both online (Battle.Net) and LAN multiplayer.

Diablo III is good for a more modern option.

Torchlight II is a similar option that, like Diablo II, supports online and LAN multiplayer.

The Portal games I think support co-op, and you can play with others on Gmod too.

It's a mod for San Andreas. There's also MTA:SA, though I haven't played either in years, so I don't know how active servers on each of them are anymore.

I've heard Torchlight is a little less intense on the graphics card than Diablo. Is it easier to run? (Not that Diablo is particularly hard to run, but again, potato laptop.)

LF2/ little fighter 2 (v1.9 is better with no ads) max 4 player on one pc, also opensouce , can play lan / online with 4 max player

5 minutes ago, Bfuqua said:

Still pretty active.

Skyrim Together is pretty good too.

https://skyrim-together.com/

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

LF2/ little fighter 2 (v1.9 is better with no ads) max 4 player on one pc, also opensouce , can play lan / online with 4 max player

Beat 'em ups aren't really my favorite, but I've had plenty of fun with stuff like golden axe back in the day, so I'll look into it. 

4 minutes ago, pizapower said:

Still pretty active.

Skyrim Together is pretty good too.

https://skyrim-together.com/

Dude, co-op Skyrim would be frikkin' amazing! But my laptop has no chance in hell of running Skyrim. 

8 minutes ago, Bfuqua said:

I've heard Torchlight is a little less intense on the graphics card than Diablo. Is it easier to run? (Not that Diablo is particularly hard to run, but again, potato laptop.)

I get about 115FPS on Diablo 3 maxed out at 1440p. (Shouldn't have much trouble running on lower settings, 1080p on a low-mid end laptop.)
Torchlight II gets about 130FPS maxed out at 1440p. (Same deal as Diablo 3)

I'd say they're pretty similar in performance requirement, though Torchlight is a little easier to run. I'm not sure about performance in action heavy areas since I don't usually pay attention to my FPS when playing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

14 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

I get about 115FPS on Diablo 3 maxed out at 1440p. (Shouldn't have much trouble running on lower settings, 1080p on a low-mid end laptop.)
Torchlight II gets about 130FPS maxed out at 1440p. (Same deal as Diablo 3)

I'd say they're pretty similar in performance requirement, though Torchlight is a little easier to run. I'm not sure about performance in action heavy areas since I don't usually pay attention to my FPS when playing.

Cool. If she's interested in Diablo, I'll probably suggest Torchlight instead. 

19 hours ago, TheRevTastic said:

Stardew Valley

Someone didn't read the post very thoroughly, did they?

17 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

If you can run Minecraft, you can probably run Left 4 Dead and probably Left 4 Dead 2. Both are hella fun co-op zombie shooters.

I did think about that. I'll look into it and see if I can run it. 

BREAKING NEWS: I decided to see if I might be able to run call of duty modern warfare 3, because it's objectively the best CoD, and by some miracle it actually runs pretty well.

Apparently I've been underestimating what my laptop can do. If it can run MW3, I'm sure it can run left 4 dead. 

Possibly not your thing, but good old age of empires and similar are very un-demanding on hardware and easy quick multiplayer. 

I am currently playing Dark Souls 3 with mine but Dark Souls games are a bit of a faff to play in entirety together due to the way summoning works. 

Elder Scrolls Online will also probably work well as when we tried it she was playing on a MacBook with no GPU! It's probably pretty cheap to buy on PC, probably too frustrating to start again though if one of you has already dedicated lots of time to a save on console. 

I don't know how to help you except just threw you what I play with my girlfriend currently and see if you can pick one to try out
We play:
ESO/League of Legends mainly 70+% of the time (you can try TFT on league of legends if you don't like the moba it's basically an independent gamemode)
Rainbow six siege
Portal 2 (really not that often)
We've tried Warfame it's pretty ok
Overwatch
Path of exile (we played it for like a month but stopped after they res the whatever thing is called)
Battlerite

WoW Classic is releasing soon if you're into MMO's and anything can run it. Guild Wars 2 has its core world F2P. You just pay for expansions.