New upgrade ryzen

Hello,

Sooo I think its finally time for an upgrade ( ok Im not using an old ass rig but sitll) atm using ryzen 5 1600 on asrock ab350 k4 gaming mobo. Got some issues with ram OC either Im very bad at it or it just wont go further than 29xx Mhz speed no matter what I do.

So my budget is let say like that - as low as possible. No actual budget but if I upgrade I want to go for as low as possible.

for now:

cpu - ryzen 3700x

cooler - noctua 14 (suggest any alternatives this one costs 90-100eur here)

mobo - MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ( priced for 188 eur~ here)

then I got 16gb vengeance 3200 kit but for some reason it wont work on 3200 in any situation so either mobo sucks too much or ram kit is worst in the world XD, thats why I considering selling it and getting new - G.Skill Trident Z Neo (for AMD) DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 1.35V XMP 2.0 ( priced for 224 eur~ here, found gskil jaw cl19 for 174 eur~ its much cheaper mby should go for this one?)

gpu - I got 1080ti wont upgrade

ssd - got 1tb ssd for now its fine but will buy another 1tb in the future

Main thing why I though about upgrade is cooler and ram, just coz I couldn't get my cpu for even 3.9 stable on m cooler (I know mby cpu sucks but still) and rams... cant got even 3000 speed and 16gb is too little for my tasks need at least 32gb.

Please suggest anything like another mobo ( if cheaper and better found) or mby potentially better/ cheaper ram kit as well as for the cooler I jsut went for popular choice but I can go for whatever else.

If you want to go as cheap as possible I'd try first to keep the current motherboard and RAM.

With themost current BIOS this does support the 3700X and with the much improved memory controller of 3rd Gen Ryzen your RAM will most likely work  just fine as well. First gen Ryzen was notoriously picky with RAM so no surprise that you could not get it to run 3200 MT/s but that's much better now.

For cooling I can recommend something like the bequiet Dark Rock 4, at least here  that a good bit cheaper that the Noctuas and cools my 3900X just fine so won't have trouble with the 3700X either :) 

if you want to save cost, use stock cooler. it should be fine if you do not want overclock

YOU DO NOT NEED NEW MOBO. the only advantage you get is pcie4 but that does not matter right now.

do not buy new ram yet. test the old one and see if the 3200 works. 1st gen ryzen had terrible ram compatibility so it might work now. 

in my opinion just replace the cpu after updating bios. see what your results with ram and temperature are. if it is running hot, buy new cooler, if ram still doesnt work, increase the voltage slightly but do not buy more ram unless you really need to

2 hours ago, Saksham said:

if you want to save cost, use stock cooler. it should be fine if you do not want overclock

YOU DO NOT NEED NEW MOBO. the only advantage you get is pcie4 but that does not matter right now.

do not buy new ram yet. test the old one and see if the 3200 works. 1st gen ryzen had terrible ram compatibility so it might work now. 

in my opinion just replace the cpu after updating bios. see what your results with ram and temperature are. if it is running hot, buy new cooler, if ram still doesnt work, increase the voltage slightly but do not buy more ram unless you really need to

why I want a new mobo too is to OC cpu, but I think thats a good idea to first of all test out cpu. Just this mobo got not that good OC possibility as its a budget mobo :/

why I want a new rams is to get 32gb total Im not sure if other rams (different) will work with mine properly and this vengeance 3200 16gb kit is insanely expensive here like 150~ when for 170-200 I can get 32gb.

I got cpu cooler pure rock which is used for my ryzen 1600 and getting like 60-70C on load ~ only thing that annoy me is that it mounts vertically on this mobo and I was forced to take top off of my case (defined R5 sooo its sucks withotu top xD)

You are not going to gain a whole lot overclocking a 3700x, so I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a motherboard with that specific reason in mind. And even if you did there are b450 and x470 boards that will let you do that for less money. You already have an old ryzen cpu so updating the bios won't be an issue. I don't know anything about the current board you have, but I bet it will work fine too. I would take the money you were going to spend on a X570 motherboard and put it into something else.

11 minutes ago, paulmohr said:

You are not going to gain a whole lot overclocking a 3700x, so I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a motherboard with that specific reason in mind. And even if you did there are b450 and x470 boards that will let you do that for less money. You already have an old ryzen cpu so updating the bios won't be an issue. I don't know anything about the current board you have, but I bet it will work fine too. I would take the money you were going to spend on a X570 motherboard and put it into something else.

hmm, yeah gonna try usign that board, how about ram? I want to get 16gb more to have 32 total but I checked the very same kit of 16gb I have costs 170 eur for that price (or about 200) I can get 32gb kit xD theres is cheaper like 90-100 eur 16gb kits, came cl16 I got, will they work fine together?