liquid cooling

totjup5

Is it worth doing a full liquid cooling loop in my system, and if so, what case would you recommend? Also, where is the best place to get water cooling parts in th US?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

If you have extra money and nothing else to spend it on, why not. I'd rather spend it on quality periphericals (ex: mech keyboard, gaming mouse, high-quality headset, 1440p display) first, because it actually makes a noticeable difference compared to a custom WC loop.

If you think that you will have fun and want the experience of having a liquid cooling loop, it is absolutely worth it. If you think that you're going to overclock and get insanely better temperatures, you're not going to have a good time - it's not that much of an upgrade, especially for the cost.

You can use pretty well any case - half the fun is planning your loop and building it to fit your case. Just as an idea, cases like the Corsair 800D and 900D are very easy to build loops into, while cases like the Corsair 350D are difficult to build loops into.

As far as parts go, you can source then pretty well anywhere - but FrozenCPU is an easy go-to.

Pew Pew Helicopters

Short answer, no. The performance of a full loop compared to it's price is just not worth it.

However, if you want the most tech swag you can get, and are willing to pay the premium, there's no other way to make your rig shine with awesome like a full loop can. Check the sticky posts in the watercooling subforum.

I'm quite partial to my Corsair 750D,and personally prefer FrozenCPU as a vendor.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

If you have extra money and nothing else to spend it on, why not. I'd rather spend it on quality periphericals (ex: mech keyboard, gaming mouse, high-quality headset, 1440p display) first, because it actually makes a noticeable difference compared to a custom WC loop.

Already got good peripherals. Not a 1440p monitor, but id want video cards with more vram before getting that.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Short answer, no. The performance of a full loop compared to it's price is just not worth it.

However, if you want the most tech swag you can get, and are willing to pay the premium, there's no other way to make your rig shine with awesome like a full loop can. Check the sticky posts in the watercooling subforum.

I'm quite partial to my Corsair 750D,and personally prefer FrozenCPU as a vendor.

Thanks a lot!.the 750d is actually what I was looking at getting :)

If you think that you will have fun and want the experience of having a liquid cooling loop, it is absolutely worth it. If you think that you're going to overclock and get insanely better temperatures, you're not going to have a good time - it's not that much of an upgrade, especially for the cost.

You can use pretty well any case - half the fun is planning your loop and building it to fit your case. Just as an idea, cases like the Corsair 800D and 900D are very easy to build loops into, while cases like the Corsair 350D are difficult to build loops into.

As far as parts go, you can source then pretty well anywhere - but FrozenCPU is an easy go-to.

The biggest reason for it is to cool my graphics cards better. I'm in Arizona, so I have to downclock my graphics cards during the summer when it's like 123 degrees outside. Do you think just doing a graphics card loop would make a difference?

The biggest reason for it is to cool my graphics cards better. I'm in Arizona, so I have to downclock my graphics cards during the summer when it's like 123 degrees outside. Do you think just doing a graphics card loop would make a difference?

If you're only worried about that, look into a Kraken G10 and something like a Seidon 120M - it'll keep your GPU nice and cool (when they ship).

Pew Pew Helicopters

If you're only worried about that, look into a Kraken G10 and something like a Seidon 120M - it'll keep your GPU nice and cool (when they ship).

I already have an h100i in my case, and I have 2 gpus, so unfortunately that's not really an option.