Those of You Working in IT

DLM_012

I think the stereotype is true that everyone working in the field are extremely cynical, annoyingly sarcastic, and yeah... List goes on. Can someone confirm?

Maybe it's just the stress from upper management they're under lately that all of my coworkers are this way. It makes for a not-so-pleasant work environment

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I think the stereotype is true that everyone working in the field are extremely cynical, annoyingly sarcastic, and yeah... List goes on. Can someone confirm?

Maybe it's just the stress from upper management they're under lately that all of my coworkers are this way. It makes for a not-so-pleasant work environment

At work all of us have a really dry sense of humour, Otherwise it's not to bad.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

i get really well on with my department, mixed people with a common interest in IT.

We go on cabin LAN trips and such, all good fun and a great gang.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

A relative of mine who is working on IT doesn't have that kind stereotype, but it might be him only as I heard his coworkers in majority fit the these kind of stereotype.

Preassure changes almost everyone BTW

We're the opposite.  We try to be as humorous as possible just to make days go faster and relieve stress.  The core of us are aso gamers so we also do LAN parties out of the office at least once a year.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I am a network admin for a oil company and it isn't all like that where I work. Everyone in our IT dept are great! but I do agree that a lot of people into computers is not uncommon to have at least one of those traits if not all.

"All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again."

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." - Kerouac

We're the opposite. We try to be as humorous as possible just to make days go faster and relieve stress. The core of us are aso gamers so we also do LAN parties out of the office at least once a year.

That's awesome. Are they younger people that you work with?

I am a network admin for a oil company and it isn't all like that where I work. Everyone in our IT dept are great! but I do agree that a lot of people into computers is not uncommon to have at least one of those traits if not all.

I want to work where you guys do

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

At work all of us have a really dry sense of humour, Otherwise it's not to bad.

I'm not working yet but i'm a 2nd year ICT student and some of my teachers have almost annoyingly dry sense of humor.

Not sure if it just them being older than me and making jokes we younglings don't get, or the IT industry :D

I used to work as a systems administrator, I got so pissed off with saying "have you turned it off and on again". 

lol OMG part of my job we own 20 separate convenience stores so I have to go fix networking and computer problems allt he time at those stores and usually they have to power cycle the router or switches etc etc lol I say that saying ALL THE TIME!

"All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again."

"What we do in life echos in eternity."

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." - Kerouac

That's awesome. Are they younger people that you work with?

We're a bunch of 30+ guys (some approaching 40 already) but we started here when we were in our 20's.  We pretty much grew older together and had kids at almost the same time.  We kept our gaming and tech culture alive within the workplace.  That doesn't mean we play games at work, it's just that we discuss about them constantly.  Just something to keep us connected on and off work.  :)

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I'm not working yet but i'm a 2nd year ICT student and some of my teachers have almost annoyingly dry sense of humor.

Not sure if it just them being older than me and making jokes we younglings don't get, or the IT industry :D

I'm 16 and have the driest sense of humour ever, 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

It's 100% the opposite at our place. Everyone is very outgoing, friendly and easy to get along with, and are in general very pleasant people. Going to work every morning is a thing to look forward to for sure.

Cheers,

Linus

I think the stereotype is true that everyone working in the field are extremely cynical, annoyingly sarcastic, and yeah... List goes on. Can someone confirm?Maybe it's just the stress from upper management they're under lately that all of my coworkers are this way. It makes for a not-so-pleasant work environment

I'm depressed and sarcastic is that close enough

Where I worked everyone seemed to be great, a bit of sarcasm here and there. But the clients...oh my god, just kill me. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

i work in data server company , i set up all the networks its a great job. but i have allot of stress i have time limits wat is a pain in the ass!

website! http://www.connexeon.com/

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular