VPN, onion routing and the Dark Web

Faisal A

So today is the last time I will try to install my VPN. Every time I try to install one, my ISP always blocks it. Sometimes I have to use a VPN to download a preferred VPN and this is just getting more and more ridiculous. 

image.png.518898ba07457e59271530aae6c58fa7.pngimage.png.63ee06da8774f7ccd636d4ee72724331.pngimage.png.6191119d5b3625708b1a4489db2a79cc.png

I don't care if it can't provide me a secure connection. Just give me access to the website. How come is it that only VPN sites don't have secure connections. It is just an excuse for my ISP to block the site and continue syping on me. I am almost resorting to onion routing my PC. To be honest, I don't intend to go on the dark web, I just want to access my website builder which my ISP blocks. I don't understand why  it is so hard to access a VPN. It is not as if it is illegal in my country. Can I take legal action against my ISP, talktalk, or will I just have to switch to a different ISP or onion route my PC ? Does anybody else have the same problem ?

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

Honestly it doesn't look like the ISP is blocking these websites to me. Your browser is not able to establish an encrypted connection to these websites, probably because these websites don't support old/insecure cryptography (such as SSLv3).

Which OS are you using? Which version of Chrome?

You should try using a linux live USB stick (e.g. Ubuntu) and try to access these websites. If you still get this error it probably is your ISP, but come on, you live in UK, not in china. :P

Are you using some kind of firewall or antivirus software?

@Organized I am not using any firewall. It used to work until my ISP blocked it. I have tried on a Raspberry pi too. How come is it that very single websoite woks except the VPN site ? (and my website builder ?)

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

Your ISP hijacks the web requests and redirects them usually to a website altering you that they are blocked due to whatever reason. The reason your browser is throwing an SSL error is because you requested nordvpn.com but your ISP swapped in another website that doesn't have an SSL cert for nordvpn.com so your browser is blocking it for security. If you continue past the block you will see it is another site warning you that it is blocked. You should be able to get to those websites with a web proxy or if they are just hijacking the DNS you can use a public DNS such as Cloudflare/Google to get to the websites.

I use VPN from a free VPN provider like ZenMate. I downloaded it google and have been using. No issue yet. Not sure why you are facing such kind of issue. What kind of VPN it is? Is this one for free or paid?

What DNS are you using? Try cloudflares 1.1.1.1

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Did you restart your computer or at least your browser after changing the DNS server? DNS lookups are being cached, maybe that's why it didn't change anything.

You could also try to put this into your hosts-file:

104.18.229.229 nordvpn.com