Need help for case fan config

I just built a PC and am planning to upgrade to a Noctua nh-d15s. I am using RTX 2070 with an open air design.

Because the nh-d15s is very big, I am worried about the following:

1. Will the GPU temps be affected?
  2. Will CPU temps increase because of the hot GPU?
  3. How should the fans be configurated? (see pic). I am living in a polluted and dusty city, so I have installed pretty restrictive air filters in the front of the case.
    • Should the top fans be exhaust or intake or a mix of both?
    • How many top fans do I need? (I need to keep the air pressure positive inside the case, so I was hoping 1 would be enough)
    • Where should I place the fans on top? (should i place it just above the noctua, won't it pull hot air from GPU through the fins?)

PS: I am new to PC building.

pc.png

You are totally right about the 4 fans that you have right now. Right now, I think that, if you can cover the fan slots on the top of your case, 4 fans in the setup you have right now is totally enough. However, you can add more if you wish.

There are two ways you can go with adding an additional fan. You can place one fan in front of the CPU, to feed fresh air into your CPU cooler (I recommend this for the extra positive pressure in your dusty environment), or place one exhaust fan in the rearmost top slot to help with your case ventilation. Again, I'd go with the first one to make certain that as little dust can enter your case in other places as possible.

3 minutes ago, FCCloud said:

You can place one fan in front of the CPU, to feed fresh air into your CPU cooler (I recommend this for the extra positive pressure in your dusty environment)

Won't this configuration mess with the "hot air rises up" phenomenon?

5 minutes ago, FCCloud said:

place one exhaust fan in the rearmost top slot to help with your case ventilation.

Would this pull the hot air from GPU and make the CPU hotter?

Or am I overthinking all this? My case fans are all pretty week. So if is use just one exhaust fan, I should get a fan with better airflow rating.

28 minutes ago, JKCT said:

Won't this configuration mess with the "hot air rises up" phenomenon?

No, that's irrelevant with active airflow from fans. 

Would this pull the hot air from GPU and make the CPU hotter?

No, it'd be exhausting air that already went through the cpu cooler. 

What case and fans are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, that's irrelevant with active airflow from fans. 

No, it'd be exhausting air that already went through the cpu cooler. 

What case and fans are you using?

Corsair Carbide 175r and some cheap $10 fans.

1 minute ago, JKCT said:

Corsair Carbide 175r and some cheap $10 fans.

Do you already have the fans? If so, is there a model name and how many do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Do you already have the fans? If so, is there a model name and how many do you have?

3 Intake (one came with the case) in the front. 1 exhaust. All the other fans are this.

1 minute ago, JKCT said:

3 Intake (one came with the case) in the front. 1 exhaust. All the other fans are this.

The case seems fairly restrictive at the front and the top is filtered so you could install a top intake right before the cpu cooler. 

Are the other fans you already have in the case the same generic fans?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The case seems fairly restrictive at the front and the top is filtered so you could install a top intake right before the cpu cooler. 

Are the other fans you already have in the case the same generic fans?

Do you mean one intake fan at the top(before CPU cooler), 3 intake fans at the front, one exhaust in the rear and one exhaust in the top after the CPU cooler?

1 fan : generic case fan

other 3 fans: https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-A12025-12CB-3BN-F1-DF1202512SELN-0-16A/dp/B01E43FI82

6 minutes ago, JKCT said:

Do you mean one intake fan at the top(before CPU cooler), 3 intake fans at the front, one exhaust in the rear and one exhaust in the top after the CPU cooler?

I was thinking just intake at the top and no exhaust. You could try it out with just exhaust after the cpu cooler or both, It's hard to tell which would perform better without testing.