Amd fanboy in need of intel advice pls.

Hi everyone for the most part I've been building amd systems and feel like a change, I'm building a purely gaming build probs round a rtx 2060 or maybe a 2060super.

Cpu suggestions please and maybe a good motherboard combo tia people. 

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

I'd like to add another possible combo, if I may. The R5 3600 is a great chip for the price, but I feel like the B450 Tomahawk MAX from MSI would save a few bucks. Unless you need an unfathomable number of SATA ports or PCIe Gen 4 for storage, I'd go with 400 series when possible. If you do go with the B450 Tomahawk MAX, make sure that it says MAX on the product listing and the photo. The non-MAX has serious BIOS issues with Ryzen 3000 right now, but the MAX boards work with Ryzen 3000 out of the box.

21 minutes ago, Optimusgrime said:

Hi everyone for the most part I've been building amd systems and feel like a change, I'm building a purely gaming build probs round a rtx 2060 or maybe a 2060super.

I don't know why you want to go Intel but if you're looking for one then the i9-9900k is the best for gaming but it would be overkill for a 2060, try going for:

i7-8700

i7-9700 (if you're looking to do workstation stuff too)

i5-9600/8600

The vast majority of my builds have been Intel systems, so I don't say this lightly. This is a great time to get a new AMD CPU. Ryzen is very different from the older AMD CPUs, and the recently launch Zen 2 CPUs are as good as Intel, without the more numerous exceptions for earlier generation Ryzen. Putting aside where one might or might not be a bit better in some specific situation, they now are close enough it doesn't really matter which you choose, with the decider being price.

Since no budget has been mentioned, I assume it isn't going to be massive if the target GPU level is 2060. It really comes down to how much you want to spend, but I'd consider either the Ryzen 3600 or 3700X depending if you want 6 or 8 cores. Personally I don't think the slightly higher clock of the higher models at each core count are really significant, and either way you do want to get a nice air cooler. The bundled one will do in a pinch, but something like a Dark Rock Pro 4 would be nice with either, giving lower temps and lower noise.

Can't suggest a specific mobo since I reused older generation boards for my builds, and I'm not up to speed on the latest generation.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

20 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

i7-8700

i7-9700 (if you're looking to do workstation stuff too)

why 9700 for workstation stuff? it has worse nT performance due to lack of HT.

4 hours ago, porina said:

The vast majority of my builds have been Intel systems, so I don't say this lightly. This is a great time to get a new AMD CPU. Ryzen is very different from the older AMD CPUs, and the recently launch Zen 2 CPUs are as good as Intel, without the more numerous exceptions for earlier generation Ryzen. Putting aside where one might or might not be a bit better in some specific situation, they now are close enough it doesn't really matter which you choose, with the decider being price.

Since no budget has been mentioned, I assume it isn't going to be massive if the target GPU level is 2060. It really comes down to how much you want to spend, but I'd consider either the Ryzen 3600 or 3700X depending if you want 6 or 8 cores. Personally I don't think the slightly higher clock of the higher models at each core count are really significant, and either way you do want to get a nice air cooler. The bundled one will do in a pinch, but something like a Dark Rock Pro 4 would be nice with either, giving lower temps and lower noise.

Can't suggest a specific mobo since I reused older generation boards for my builds, and I'm not up to speed on the latest generation.

Yeah I just fancied something different and was thinking of around $1500. But maybe stick with a 3600 build but with a mobo that I don't have to bios flash as font have an old cpu to use :/

Amd fx 8350,asus sabertooth R2,corsair c70,corsair h100i,palit gtx 580,corsair 8gb vengeance Ram,corsair txm 750.

8 hours ago, Optimusgrime said:

IMO in terms of pure gaming its either a 3600 or a 9900K nothing else makes sense. 

If you plan on doing more like streaming or encoding videos then the 3700X makes sense or maybe even the 3900X. 

For 90% of gamers however i would say a 3600+B450 with flash back compatibility is the best option. 

Only Intel chip even worth considering is the 9900K nothing else is really exciting. 6C/6T or 8C/8T is not a good option long term.