What power supply would be best?

The_Real_Skeb
Go to solution Solved by OrionFOTL,
1 minute ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

i need it cause the power supply that i have now CX750M, is broken, thats why im looking for a new one

Ok.

Knowing what PSU you had before doesn't change suggestions for your new setup. NunoLava and I listed some interesting choices for you.

I'm looking for a budget power supply. I'm also planning to get an M.2 SSD (1.5GB, Idk if this increases wattage) and also 6 LL120 RGB fans with the commander pro and the Lightning node pro. specs below have a full setup of build completed without M.2. I want a PSU that powers everything and is also able to handle all AAA games (fortnite, CS.GO, ETC). im also planning to overclock CPU to full potential. Ive heard people say that you dont need 750 watts power supplies for RTX 2070, im just trying to find the cheapest and buck for quality.
full specs of everything:

Are you building the parts new, or is this your current PC? If you're building the parts new going for ryzen 3000 is a MUCH better idea lol

Anyway, I'd recommend a rm650x or seasonic prime ultra gold 650w

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

You have such a high end PC, are about to buy a $500 graphics card, and want a budget PSU?

5 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

AAA games (fortnite, CS.GO, ETC)

Umm....

Anyway, a good choice for you would be Corsair TX550M, BitFenix Formula Gold 550W, Corsair RM550, or BitFenix Whisper M 550W.

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Are you building the parts new, or is this your current PC? If you're building the parts new going for ryzen 3000 is a MUCH better idea lol

Anyway, I'd recommend a rm650x or seasonic prime ultra gold 650w

Ii have most of the stuff in the link. im missing the case, M.2, and the fans. everything else i have

3 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

You have such a high end PC, are about to buy a $500 graphics card, and want a budget PSU?

Umm....

Anyway, a good choice for you would be Corsair TX550M, BitFenix Formula Gold 550W, Corsair RM550, or BitFenix Whisper M 550W.

i have never reached over 600Watts when benchmarking or gaming. so why would i need a 750watt power supply (recommended) if im never getting close to it. i say budget meaning the cheapest or dollar for quality.

Just now, The_Real_Skeb said:

i have never reached over 600Watts when benchmarking or gaming. so why would i need a 750watt power supply (recommended) if im never getting close to it. i say budget meaning the cheapest or dollar for quality.

these power supplies are all 550W

Indeed, those suggestions in my post are all 550W, so I'm not sure why you're asking us why would you need 750W.

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

these power supplies are all 550W

ok look, i haven't said why i need. i need it cause the power supply that i have now CX750M, is broken, thats why im looking for a new one

1 minute ago, OrionFOTL said:

Indeed, those suggestions in my post are all 550W, so I'm not sure why you're asking us why would you need 750W.

check reply

Just now, The_Real_Skeb said:

ok look, i haven't said why i need. i need it cause the power supply that i have now CX750M, is broken, thats why im looking for a new one

i'd get a corsair rm650x, bitfenix formula gold/whisper m, bequiet pure power 11 650w, or seasonic prime ultra 650w then 

i need it cause the power supply that i have now CX750M, is broken, thats why im looking for a new one

Ok.

Knowing what PSU you had before doesn't change suggestions for your new setup. NunoLava and I listed some interesting choices for you.

and I don't want to buy the same ones because I'm saving up for the stuff I don't have. that's why i said that the link is almost finished. And what i mean by budget is cheapest since i need the rest of the stuff. hopefully this cleared stuff up

1 minute ago, OrionFOTL said:

Ok.

yup, im checking all of them and seeing what i like. Oh and also looks don't really matter since im covering the PSU up with the case. thank you for the suggestions @OrionFOLT and @NunoLava1998

58 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Umm....

I found this power supply CX550M. I've checked all the ones that you sent me and i feel that im paying for more than what i need. On the current PSU im using, im only using 1 sata, 1 GPU and a CPU port. The PSU i found has the exact ones i need.

If you want to just buy the cheapest, lowest quality thing that has enough power and cables, get Raidmax RX 500, Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500, or Corsair VS550. 

Your over $1000 worth of components won't like that and may get damaged from poor quality power, but if you don't have money for a quality PSU but somehow do have money for top-end parts, then what else can you do. 

If you value your parts and want to get a quality, appropriate PSU, get something from the suggestions in this thread. 

CX550M, like other budget double-forward converter PSUs, can cause annoying problems with top end graphics cards. 

16 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

If you want to just buy the cheapest, lowest quality thing that has enough power and cables, get Raidmax RX 500, Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500, or Corsair VS550. 

Your over $1000 worth of components won't like that and may get damaged from poor quality power, but if you don't have money for a quality PSU but somehow do have money for top-end parts, then what else can you do. 

If you value your parts and want to get a quality, appropriate PSU, get something from the suggestions in this thread. 

CX550M, like other budget double-forward converter PSUs, can cause annoying problems with top end graphics cards. 

Yeah ok, I think ill go with the TX550M. it has what I need and I also trust corsair and their power supplies. thank you for your help. I appreciate it a lot and have a good day.