Is there anything you would change?

Cornflux

I am going to build a Computer in about a month and i would like your opinion of my current build

Here is my Parts List (hope it works outside of Europe) :

https://geizhals.eu/?cat=WL-790528

The Parts i chose for now are:

• Fractal Design Define R6
  • Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming
  • AMD Ryzen 3700X
  • Noctua NH-D15
  • Corsair Force Series MP510 960GB
  • Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
  • be quiet dark power pro 11 750W
  • Asus Rog Strix RTx2070 super oc
  • Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32GB@3200Mhz 
  • Pioneer BDR-209EBK

I read that 3600Mhz RAM would be better so should i invest thouse extra 100€ for 32GB of trident z neo RAM? 

I would also love your tips for a good 120Hz Monitor at 2K and it should be at least 27". Also shouldn't be that expensive like below 900€

If you have recommendations for some cool mechanical Keyboards that dont cost an arm and a leg i would love to hear about i too

Pc will be used especially for Gaming maybe streaming and a few Blender Animations if i finally get myself to learn it. 

Thanks in advance for your time and help. 

1 minute ago, Cornflux said:

I read that 3600Mhz RAM would be better so should i invest thouse extra 100€ for 32GB of trident z neo RAM? 

You could just crank up the frequency of slower rated kits with manual tuning

dont forget to get some case fans

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Looks fine to me. 

Personally wouldn't take an X570 board, but a 450 or 470 as i won't need the pci-e 4.0. Probably save me a few bucks, maybe even going 2nd hand as they are fairly durable components. Ofcourse this also means i will probably need to update the bios, which you might opt not to, but comes down to personal preference.

And like Jurrunio said, you can overclock most memory, if you just want it out of the box or not do it for warranty purposes (not every vendor is as keen on overclocking) you can buy a 3600 kit. The gains on higher clocked memory isn't THAT noticable, but again this is personal preference.

Linus did a video on it tho, might be worth watching if you haven't already.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

I have a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q and I would highly recommend it. It has 27" display, 2k res, and 165 hz refresh rate with great colors. With the rest of the money in your monitor budget, I would recommend getting a VEGA monitor stand on Amazon somewhere since the stand that comes out of the box I found a bit bulky. This one doesn't have RGB though, in case that matters at all.

Keyboard-wise, what's important for you? Multimedia keys, clicky or silent, numpad, etc. There is a wide selection of keyboards so you might want to be more specific on the peripherals.

In its normal mounting orientation, the outer fan of the NH-D15 overhangs some memory slots. Generally the outer two slots. As a result memory modules taller than 32mm are sub-optimal. Consider instead modules like Corsair Vengeance LPX. Another option would be to go with the beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4. While it extends over the memory area, it can accommodate taller memory modules.

Check local pricing, you may find an NVMe drive like the Crucial P1 less expensive. Or, if the budget allows you might consider a PCIe 4.0 M.2 drive like the Corsair MP600 instead.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 hours ago, knoyue said:

I have a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q and I would highly recommend it. It has 27" display, 2k res, and 165 hz refresh rate with great colors. With the rest of the money in your monitor budget, I would recommend getting a VEGA monitor stand on Amazon somewhere since the stand that comes out of the box I found a bit bulky. This one doesn't have RGB though, in case that matters at all.

Keyboard-wise, what's important for you? Multimedia keys, clicky or silent, numpad, etc. There is a wide selection of keyboards so you might want to be more specific on the peripherals.

Yeah i looked a lot into that monitor but some reviews were bad but yeah will probably buy it

The keyboard should be clicky with numpad. Would be good if keys are changeable 

4 hours ago, brob said:

In its normal mounting orientation, the outer fan of the NH-D15 overhangs some memory slots. Generally the outer two slots. As a result memory modules taller than 32mm are sub-optimal. Consider instead modules like Corsair Vengeance LPX. Another option would be to go with the beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4. While it extends over the memory area, it can accommodate taller memory modules.

Check local pricing, you may find an NVMe drive like the Crucial P1 less expensive. Or, if the budget allows you might consider a PCIe 4.0 M.2 drive like the Corsair MP600 instead.

Wouldnt i be able to just change the fans to the other side?

Will look for a PCIe 4.0 drive if they arent too expensive 

7 minutes ago, Cornflux said:

Wouldnt i be able to just change the fans to the other side?

Depends on the height of the heat sinks, if any. Otherwise you can get the NH-D15S or simply leave the outer fan off. Going with something like Corsair Vengeance LPX memory modules also solves the problem.

9 minutes ago, Cornflux said:

Will look for a PCIe 4.0 drive if they arent too expensive 

I think about 100 euro more. So pretty expensive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, brob said:

I think about 100 euro more. So pretty expensive.

Well dont think i want to spend that much more for not that much of a performance improve