will i lose my network settings if i upgrade from windows 7 to 10

so i have a computer at work that is also a "server" we have a local workgroup (sry i dont know the correct terms) and this pc has some of its folders shared to the other pcs, btw those folders apear on the my computer area, and that computer is also conected to the cnc machines we have, i want to upgrade that pc from win7 to 10 using the windows media creation tool wich is supposed to upgrade the os without data loss, my question is that will i losse my network data, because these computers have a different ip so that they can conect to the cnc machines, so they cant access the internet,

tl dr: will i lose my network/ip and folder sharing settings if i do the upgrade from win 7 to win 10

Thanks, im a noob when it comes to networks

If it's anything like the server upgrades, no, you won't lose any static network or other settings.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

20 minutes ago, Lurick said:

If it's anything like the server upgrades, no, you won't lose any static network or other settings.

its not a server, its an normal pc that is used on a daily basis to do CAM programing just like the rest of the pcs we have, all of them a set ip so that the computers can interact with the cnc machines, and all of them belong to the same work group, but this pc has some folders being shared with the rest of the pc, hope that i explained it better this time, will i lose the ips, shared folders etc

thanks

33 minutes ago, blacknitrokf said:

so i have a computer at work that is also a "server" we have a local workgroup (sry i dont know the correct terms) and this pc has some of its folders shared to the other pcs, btw those folders apear on the my computer area, and that computer is also conected to the cnc machines we have, i want to upgrade that pc from win7 to 10 using the windows media creation tool wich is supposed to upgrade the os without data loss, my question is that will i losse my network data, because these computers have a different ip so that they can conect to the cnc machines, so they cant access the internet,

tl dr: will i lose my network/ip and folder sharing settings if i do the upgrade from win 7 to win 10

Thanks, im a noob when it comes to networks

Nope had a few friends asking semi what your asking.  Your network settings and just overall everything will update from 7 to 10 and you will be set. 

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Nope had a few friends asking semi what your asking.  Your network settings and just overall everything will update from 7 to 10 and you will be set. 

Great, thanks

10 minutes ago, blacknitrokf said:

its not a server, its an normal pc that is used on a daily basis to do CAM programing just like the rest of the pcs we have, all of them a set ip so that the computers can interact with the cnc machines, and all of them belong to the same work group, but this pc has some folders being shared with the rest of the pc, hope that i explained it better this time, will i lose the ips, shared folders etc

thanks

I never said it was a server, I'm not 100% sure but if it's LIKE the server upgrades, which I'm pretty sure it is, you won't lose any of those settings. I haven't done a 7 to 10 upgrade in a very long time so my memory is fuzzy on that but I believe everything stays static if you do it properly. I see nothing online, in a quick search at least, of people losing settings doing that so I'm pretty confident you won't lose anything.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, blacknitrokf said:

Great, thanks

Yes, NP my friend.  Also note that when you upgrade from 7 to Windows 10,, ..... it will try its best to maintain your overall system settings and other things.  No worries!

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

5 minutes ago, goto10 said:

before trying the update, clone the hard disk on the server, so if the update doesnt work you have a plan b

I agree, especially with a cnc computer in production. Industrial software can very finicky with the OS it likes.

I would get Veeam Endpoint backup and back up the computer before I did anything upgrading.   

thanks guys, i will clone the disk then install windows, and yes Catsrules, the cam software that we use, it works well, but its as a n exemple, my pc has an i7 7700k past 4.8gh oc, it gets unstable, and that cpu works well at 5gh. thanks again