Monitor samsung flip chart network traffic

Hi guys,

I want to monitor the traffic of a samsung flip chart (link to product page https://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/wm-h-series-digital-signage-wm55h/)

I am doing an internship right now, and I spoke with the head of IT about the samsung flip chart they have in one of the meeting rooms, security concerns came up and

I offered that I would try to make kind of a background check on this device and the behaviour.

I hoped for already done security checkups in the web, but couldn't find anything useful.

So I thought of using Glasswire, as it not only captures the packages but already analyzes it and well it's easy to use and very simple to see all the connections and stuff.

For testing I setup an old laptop at home to share its wifi connection with the LAN adapter (pretty easy to do),

then I connected a second laptop to the lan and I used the internet connection over this setup.

It worked well. For testing I downloaded the windows10.iso and in task manager I saw how the first laptop pulled 70mbit/s and sent 75 via lan. Exactly what I wanted.

Now I tried to set up Glasswire. 

But Glasswire does not capture/show the traffic going to the LAN laptop. It only showed the traffic for the laptop with the wifi connection. 

That was really shitty and I am very sad now, as I don't really know how I can monitor the samsung flips network traffic now. 

Is there a way where I can like modify glasswire so that it also picks up the traffic going to the lan connected device? I guess it only picks up the traffic for the IP of the machine on which it is installed. 

And if not do you know of any other solution for my problem?

Note that I don't have full Admin privileges on this company network. It is a pretty big company and I really don't wanna mess with firewall and router settings of the network.

Greetings,

Martin