Disabling cores in ryzen

Hi, I have a asus prime B350 plus board Its vrm is sufficient  to run 8 core but vrm heatsink is not  & also my case has poor airflow. I'm also running stock cooler & Ambient Temp in my country is also high. I want to disable 2 cores so I can decrease heat Until I get better board & Good Cooling in my case. I know I can run a fan on VRM But that wont help much Because of ambient temps and case Airflow So please don't give me this suggestion. I also want to run a mild  overclock. Is ryzen master the only way to disable core or I can do this in bios too.

Motherboard: Asus b350 plus

Cpu:  Ryzen 2700x (Currently running at stock)

what temperatures are you seeing on that motherboard?

sometimes all you need is put a fan over the vrm area if temperatures are too high

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

what temperatures are you seeing on that motherboard?

sometimes all you need is put a fan over the vrm area if temperatures are too high

I already specify this in original post don;t give this advice I know this. I'm interested in disabling core via ryzen master or Bios, OR any other software you might know.

8 minutes ago, Saajan said:

I also want to run a mild  overclock

This would entirely defeat the purpose of disabling two cores. Either you overclock more than XFR gives you which puts too much demand on the VRMs or you don't and the overclocking was for nothing.

10 minutes ago, Saajan said:

I'm also running stock cooler 

Down draft cooler for airflow over the VRMs, you might be sitting pretty. Are you super sure disabling two cores will give you a benefit? Have you checked temps and seen if they're actually too high?

My suggestion is disable XFR and/or PBO in the BIOS (but I don't think PBO would be in that board) and it will not increase the clocks aggressively, which will reduce strain on the VRMs 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

This would entirely defeat the purpose of disabling two cores. Either you overclock more than XFR gives you which puts too much demand on the VRMs or you don't and the overclocking was for nothing.

Down draft cooler for airflow over the VRMs, you might be sitting pretty. Are you super sure disabling two cores will give you a benefit? Have you checked temps and seen if they're actually too high?

My suggestion is disable XFR and/or PBO in the BIOS (but I don't think PBO would be in that board) and it will not increase the clocks aggressively, which will reduce strain on the VRMs 

I'm upgrading my motherboard to b450 tomahawk soon. This is temporary. Can you tell me if ryzen master is the only way to disable cores.

3 minutes ago, Saajan said:

I'm upgrading my motherboard to b450 tomahawk soon. This is temporary. Can you tell me if ryzen master is the only way to disable cores.

not sure about that particular motherboard, check the CPU tab under the advanced menu. If it's not there then you wouldn't have the option, you'd have to settle for limiting XFR.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

16 minutes ago, Saajan said:

I already specify this in original post don;t give this advice I know this. I'm interested in disabling core via ryzen master or Bios, OR any other software you might know.

you didnt answered about temperatures, you might consider a problem the fan, but you never confirmed any temperatures to know if you really have a problem

2 minutes ago, goto10 said:

you didnt answered about temperatures, you might consider a problem the fan, but you never confirmed any temperatures to know if you really have a problem

45 to 50c on idle(Cpu temps)

under load, goes up to 70 perhaps? vrms can survive up to 90°c

you already said that you will replace motherboard

you can disable cores, but you are under limits there, not in a terrible danger, i would just put the fan and remove side panel while the new motherboard and better airflow is achieved

5 minutes ago, goto10 said:

under load, goes up to 70 perhaps? vrms can survive up to 90°c

you already said that you will replace motherboard

you can disable cores, but you are under limits there, not in a terrible danger, i would just put the fan and remove side panel while the new motherboard and better airflow is achieved

Omega Lul, You Clearly Dont Understand My question.

1 minute ago, Saajan said:

Omega Lul, You Clearly Dont Understand My question.

my point is, dont disable anything, you want to know how to disable cores, you already said that ryzen master lets you do that

if that is not what you want, well, that is all i can offer you

3 minutes ago, goto10 said:

my point is, dont disable anything, you want to know how to disable cores, you already said that ryzen master lets you do that

if that is not what you want, well, that is all i can offer you

thanks for help buddy.