i have a 358MB fiber internet connection and steam has started downloading games at 5MB capped

thekushlife

as the title says my steam has started downloading games capped at 5MBs when normally its around 30/47MBs depending who's using the internet, ive contacted my provider and everything on there end seems fine and after resetting my router and some of the in built checks the router can do nothings changed? im pretty dumb at this kinda stuff and the only other thing i thought it could be is a server load issue? 

1 minute ago, thekushlife said:

as the title says my steam has started downloading games capped at 5MBs when normally its around 30/47MBs depending who's using the internet, ive contacted my provider and everything on there end seems fine and after resetting my router and some of the in built checks the router can do nothings changed? im pretty dumb at this kinda stuff and the only other thing i thought it could be is a server load issue? 

https://www.speedtest.net do a speedtest first ^^ maybe its only steam 

on speedtest.net everything is fine so it  is a steam problem i can download apex on origin and its at 47MBs

3 minutes ago, thekushlife said:

on speedtest.net everything is fine so it  is a steam problem i can download apex on origin and its at 47MBs

Did u maybe put in a download limit in the Steam settings ? sry my steam is in german but i marked what u need to check Unbenannt.PNG.919b34b9b4a9e0d32e21d44e1def5003.PNG

nope i have no limit ;/ this is why its confusing me so much

It could be a temporary problem with Steam, I've had that once or twice.

Have you tried changing the download region as shown above?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7