Is x58 platform worth today?

Hey guyz.

Sorry for my bad english..

Before getting started i live in a asian where buying computer parts are harder then it looks.. ebay, amazon , new egg and other famous websites don't work for my country for some reasons.. it's a shame that zen 2 isn't available in my country yet.. and if it will avail in future it will be so expensive due to its rarity.. 

Now come to the topic i have an x5670 and a compatible ddr3 8 gb ram and a gpu.. all i want is an x58 motherboard and i know that these chips are very good in overclocking.. due to having all the parts of this platform except motherboard.. should i buy an x58 motherboard? I found an x58 motherboard which looks quite new for 35$ it was an asus sabertooth.. so should i buy that? My only concern is gaming nothing else.. and another question is can this platform serve me for atleast 2 years? I need 1080p 60fps gaming.

24 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

for 35 bucks worth it? yeah I'd say

Or do u think will it provide 1080 60fps for one or two years more?

26 minutes ago, Muhammad Osama said:

Or do u think will it provide 1080 60fps for one or two years more?

with overclocking, yeah

Tech Yes City just did a video today, with a high end motherboard and 2133 Mhz DDR3 memory in triple channel and 6 core xeon overclocked to 4.5 Ghz... it was still behind ryzen 3600 by a significant amount, but it was playable framerates ... like 50-60 fps minimum vs 80fps on ryzen , 120fps vs 145-170fps

So yeah, the cpu may be 30-40$ but in order to overclock it to reasonable frequencies you can't use cheap chinese  aliexpress motherboards, you'll have to pay 80-120$ for a proper motherboard on eBay and you'd pay another 20-30$ for a proper socket 1366 cooler (if you want overclocking). On the other hand, you may be able to reuse DDR3 but if you want performance, you need at least 1866 Mhz sticks.

edit: in your particular case the x5670 is just ok, but you should have at least dual channel ddr3... the performance will suffer otherwise. 35$ for a 1366 board is very cheap and I would suspect that board is faulty in some way, like a memory slot not working or a damaged pci-e slot...

-end of edit-

so you could literally pay only 60$ for a b450 motherboard and 100$ for a Ryzen 1600 with decent stock cooler included and you're pretty much at the same price range... you'll pay a bit more for DDR4 but you'll save money on your power bill.

with x58 you may also lose m.2 connectors, 6 gbit sata (you may max at 300 MB/s on x58, limited usb 3 ports etc etc)

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Tech Yes City just did a video today, with a high end motherboard and 2133 Mhz DDR3 memory in triple channel and 6 core xeon overclocked to 4.5 Ghz... it was still behind ryzen 3600 by a significant amount, but it was playable framerates ... like 50-60 fps minimum vs 80fps on ryzen , 120fps vs 145-170fps

So yeah, the cpu may be 30-40$ but in order to overclock it to reasonable frequencies you can't use cheap chinese  aliexpress motherboards, you'll have to pay 80-120$ for a proper motherboard on eBay and you'd pay another 20-30$ for a proper socket 1366 cooler (if you want overclocking). On the other hand, you may be able to reuse DDR3 but if you want performance, you need at least 1866 Mhz sticks.

edit: in your particular case the x5670 is just ok, but you should have at least dual channel ddr3... the performance will suffer otherwise. 35$ for a 1366 board is very cheap and I would suspect that board is faulty in some way, like a memory slot not working or a damaged pci-e slot...

-end of edit-

so you could literally pay only 60$ for a b450 motherboard and 100$ for a Ryzen 1600 with decent stock cooler included and you're pretty much at the same price range... you'll pay a bit more for DDR4 but you'll save money on your power bill.

with x58 you may also lose m.2 connectors, 6 gbit sata (you may max at 300 MB/s on x58, limited usb 3 ports etc etc)

You are right.. but I don't have that much money to spend on that.. and the motherboard which i was talking about was the asus sabertooth.. which is not faulty he will give me 1 year warranty on that.. and i said that ebay and other famous websites doesn't work in my country for some bigggg reasons.. it is kinda risky to order on any website which doesn't support cash on delivery because our custom services block that order and in that case my money and product both are on the risk.. and for our local market due to the rarity these ryzen stuff are expensive.. even 1st gen ryzens are wayyyy over the top in pricing.. that's why i m kinda stuck right now

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

-end of edit-

For example there is a ryzen 1600x with asus motherboard and 16 gb ram for 320$.. without case,powersupply.. just mobo, processor and ram

I can't spent that much.. there is a difference between 35$ for x58 mobo and 320$ for ryzen.