Creating a server for comics

Hi, I am looking to create a server for my comics that i have on a hard drive. I have use ubooquity(which is a home server that allows you to read comics at home through the IP). This works great and im happy with it. I would just like to read them when im not connected to my home internet. Any got any ideas? I have a little knowledge with programming and web dev but not that much. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Set up that server software on any computer, a raspberri pi 4 would work, a 75-100$ refurbished pc would work ... connect the server to your home network / router / modem from your ISP.

Then go in your router or modem's configuration and configure port forwarding, so that any requests coming to your internet IP are forwarded to the web server inside your network.

Optionally, buy a domain name and point to your IP or use a service like http://freedns.afraid.org/ to create your free subdomain (ex biggummedretard.afraid.org) that will point to the IP the ISP gave you.

A server is just a computer that sometimes is tweaked or optimized to run 24/7.... but if you don't care if the computer crashes once in a while, a regular computer can work just as well.

39 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Set up that server software on any computer, a raspberri pi 4 would work, a 75-100$ refurbished pc would work ... connect the server to your home network / router / modem from your ISP.

Then go in your router or modem's configuration and configure port forwarding, so that any requests coming to your internet IP are forwarded to the web server inside your network.

Optionally, buy a domain name and point to your IP or use a service like http://freedns.afraid.org/ to create your free subdomain (ex biggummedretard.afraid.org) that will point to the IP the ISP gave you.

A server is just a computer that sometimes is tweaked or optimized to run 24/7.... but if you don't care if the computer crashes once in a while, a regular computer can work just as well.

Thanks im gonna have a look more into this. Thanks for the help