I need help buying a full water loop!

I have been wanting to get a full custom water loop for such a long time but I felt like there was no reason to because my pc always had nice temps, but I wanted it because it looks so cool. Now that I've been saving up and got a new cpu and gpu I want to build a full water loop. I just got a rx5700xt and a ryzen 7 3700x. I just wanted to know if you guys can help me get a pick list on what I need to build this. I know the basics like you need fittings, tubing, radiator, pump, bla bla bla. But I dont know what radiator is better than a different one, or if a pump is not good or not. If you guys can be my pcpartpicker but for water cooling that would be awesome. I want to have clear tubing and I love rgb, and if you guys have a suggestion on a case, im willing to buy a new case because I'm currently using a NZXT h500i. Try not to go to expensive, but thanks for the help so much because I always think if I were to buy all these things by my self I would get the wrong size tubing for the fitting or something will go wrong, due to the compatibility. 

EK has some all in one kits that have everything needed in the package. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits Find a case with good airflow so the radiator can breathe.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

6 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

EK has some all in one kits that have everything needed in the package. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits Find a case with good airflow so the radiator can breathe.

What do you think is a good case for a all in one kit?

You can also use corsairs Hydro-X series, because you should NEVER mix metals in a water cooling loop (i.e use a copper CPU block and a nickel GPU block). All of corsair's products use the same metals so it's one less thing to worry about.

1 minute ago, MrPenguinPants9 said:

You can also use corsairs Hydro-X series, because you should NEVER mix metals in a water cooling loop (i.e use a copper CPU block and a nickel GPU block). All of corsair's products use the same metals so it's one less thing to worry about.

There hydro x looks super cool, thanks for showing me this

1 minute ago, PickleWickle said:

Corsair's crystal 280x. Sorry I'm not trying to sound like a hardcore corsair fanboy. But thet make good products.

Corsair's crystal 280x. Sorry I'm not trying to sound like a hardcore corsair fanboy. But thet make good products.

Ive been wanting this case for so long. Maybe this is the time I get it.

3 minutes ago, PickleWickle said:

Anything that does not have a glass front panel, make sure the front of your case where you'll be putting the radiator has mesh. 

Join HWBot or OCN

1 minute ago, PickleWickle said:

Ive been wanting this case for so long. Maybe this is the time I get it.

It's a beautiful case.

1 minute ago, Fakmykak said:

Anything that does not have a glass front panel, make sure the front of your case where you'll be putting the radiator has mesh. 

Do you mean acrylic? Glass is fine

4 minutes ago, MrPenguinPants9 said:

The only problem with the hydro x thing, is that they dont have a water block for the rx5700xt, so can I buy an ek waterblock and be fine?

Do you mean acrylic? Glass is fine

Glass, acrylic, its all the same. It blocks off the front and raises the temperatures on all your components, forcing your fans to spin faster, and potentially making your overclock worsse.

Join HWBot or OCN

2 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

Glass, acrylic, its all the same. It blocks off the front and raises the temperatures on all your components, forcing your fans to spin faster, and potentially making your overclock worsse.

Not any worse than one without. 

(Edit) with a water cooling loop, it doesn't mapper as much as if it was air cooled

7 minutes ago, PickleWickle said:

The only problem with the hydro x thing, is that they dont have a water block for the rx5700xt, so can I buy an ek waterblock and be fine?

Like penguin said, it has to be the same metal. Those kits are aluminum, I don't know if EK sells aluminum blocks outside of those kits. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Like penguin said, it has to be the same metal. Those kits are aluminum, I don't know if EK sells aluminum blocks outside of those kits. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but aluminum and nickel can be mixed because they are similar enough. You will just have to use an anti-corrosive drop.

Just now, MrPenguinPants9 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but aluminum and nickel can be mixed because they are similar enough. You will just have to use an anti-corrosive drop.

From my reading you can mix copper, nickel/nickel plated copper, and silver just fine. Aluminum is the one that freaks out and utterly despises working together with any other metal. EK often has warnings on their own blocks specifically saying not to use them with the aluminum kits. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

From my reading you can mix copper, nickel/nickel plated copper, and silver just fine. Aluminum is the one that freaks out and utterly despises working together with any other metal. EK often has warnings on their own blocks specifically saying not to use them with the aluminum kits. 

Thank you for correcting me... ya learn something new every day!

2 minutes ago, MrPenguinPants9 said:

Thank you for correcting me... ya learn something new every day!

EK made a really nice article on it too: https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/, recommend the OP reads this too. Basically most standard copper or "nickel" (usually just nickel plated copper) rads and blocks and such are fine together. It's only if you mix them with aluminum it causes trouble, if you go with aluminum you have to stick to all aluminum parts pretty much. 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

EK made a really nice article on it too: https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/, recommend the OP reads this too. Basically most standard copper or "nickel" (usually just nickel plated copper) rads and blocks and such are fine together. It's only if you mix them with aluminum it causes trouble, if you go with aluminum you have to stick to all aluminum parts pretty much. 

Corsairs are nickel

50 minutes ago, PickleWickle said:

I have been wanting to get a full custom water loop for such a long time but I felt like there was no reason to because my pc always had nice temps, but I wanted it because it looks so cool. Now that I've been saving up and got a new cpu and gpu I want to build a full water loop. I just got a rx5700xt and a ryzen 7 3700x. I just wanted to know if you guys can help me get a pick list on what I need to build this. I know the basics like you need fittings, tubing, radiator, pump, bla bla bla. But I dont know what radiator is better than a different one, or if a pump is not good or not. If you guys can be my pcpartpicker but for water cooling that would be awesome. I want to have clear tubing and I love rgb, and if you guys have a suggestion on a case, im willing to buy a new case because I'm currently using a NZXT h500i. Try not to go to expensive, but thanks for the help so much because I always think if I were to buy all these things by my self I would get the wrong size tubing for the fitting or something will go wrong, due to the compatibility. 

Don't forget the RGB

17 minutes ago, MrPenguinPants9 said:

So does ek do nickel? If so, I would recommend hydro x with an ek GPU block

EK has plain copper and nickel plated copper, either should be fine. 

Main PC