google maps is literally bad.

so i live in italy, and here we have restrictions on 125cc. they can't travel on highways and on "tangenziale" but google maps has no way to avoid these roads. i tried to make a custom map on my pc by dragging but i have no idea on how to save it. it's so stupid. how can i save this route?

2019-08-02 09_37_31-.png

2 minutes ago, Los Serpent said:

literally bad

How can something be figuratively bad?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Looks like you can't save on the website, what a bunch of Bologna!

/s

But it looks like you can save routes on mobile and even tell it to avoid highways (not sure about that other sort of road you mentioned). 

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144339

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Looks like you can't save on the website, what a bunch of Bologna!

/s

But it looks like you can save routes on mobile and even tell it to avoid highways (not sure about that other sort of road you mentioned). 

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/144339

nope, it won't let me avoid the tangenziale. (the tangenziale is kinda like a mini-highway. instead of 120km/h it has 90km/h) i've been trying so hard to find a way to work around this. but nothing.... it's really annoying because it makes me waste so much time when i'm driving

29 minutes ago, Los Serpent said:

nope, it won't let me avoid the tangenziale. (the tangenziale is kinda like a mini-highway. instead of 120km/h it has 90km/h) i've been trying so hard to find a way to work around this. but nothing.... it's really annoying because it makes me waste so much time when i'm driving

Ah, I see..

Where I live there are 'of course' multiple different types of roads, two sorts of highways (130km/h and 100km/h), but I can't seem to be able to tell Google to avoid either or the other.

With the roads changing so much all the time too, I can't imagine they want to upkeep that..

But I wish it was just an option to tell Google to avoid/only use certain roads (as far as I know, Europe entirely follows these rules), like E (European), A (National and faster), N (national, but slower) and D (provincial/departmental) roads.

You should be able to tell Google to only take certain routes, or avoid others.. it would make thinking of a route more difficult, but programming wise it should be very much possible.

I know regular consumer navigation systems also can't do this unfortunately, but maybe one specifically for certain vehicles (e.g. bicycles) can do that?

Might be worth it to look into.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Ah, I see..

Where I live there are 'of course' multiple different types of roads, two sorts of highways (130km/h and 100km/h), but I can't seem to be able to tell Google to avoid either or the other.

With the roads changing so much all the time too, I can't imagine they want to upkeep that..

But I wish it was just an option to tell Google to avoid/only use certain roads (as far as I know, Europe entirely follows these rules), like E (European), A (National and faster), N (national, but slower) and D (provincial/departmental) roads.

You should be able to tell Google to only take certain routes, or avoid others.. it would make thinking of a route more difficult, but programming wise it should be very much possible.

I know regular consumer navigation systems also can't do this unfortunately, but maybe one specifically for certain vehicles (e.g. bicycles) can do that?

Might be worth it to look into.

i was able to choose the route i want by adding many stop points. but it's kind unpractical and takes a very long time....

Google's basic maps only allows you to send pre-made route to mobile. They have more advanced editor. Idk if it works without Google account. With account you can select from menu Your Places, go to Maps tab and from bottom select Create Map. This opens another view/editor which allows you to create maps, with routes. You can open these from apps, and also save them for offline use. I've used it for planning holidays, with POIs, restaurants etc. marked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv