GTA V stuttering help

DocBrown

I have a i5 6500 and a gtx 1060 6gb and 8gb of ram.. when I play gta I notice that my game starts stuttering for a couple of secs then goes back to normal.. I play on every at the lowest at 1440p at 50fps... but i noticed today that my cpu runs at 99% while my up i only goes to a max of 10%.. how can I stop the stuttering and how can I make the game use more of my gpu?

Edit: also the only other program I have opened is discord. I'm using chrome on my phone 

3 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

Your CPU should be able to do better than that around 70+ fps or so

Are you sure the advanced graphics options are off?

Make sure that other programs are closed before running the game.

Past that you can drive different drivers, or just reinstall windows to rule out any software issues.

91858.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Your CPU should be able to do better than that around 70+ fps or so

Are you sure the advanced graphics options are off?

Make sure that other programs are closed before running the game.

Past that you can drive different drivers, or just reinstall windows to rule out any software issues.

91858.png

Okay so turns out I get 70fps not 50 buy my game stills stutters bad and all the advanced settings are off. And everything is on normal. I also have up to date

drivers

Just now, DocBrown said:

Okay so turns out I get 70fps not 50 buy my game stills stutters bad and all the advanced settings are off. And everything is on normal. I also have up to date

drivers

It could have been a random windows update that's causing you issues then.

If the problem still happens after you reinstall windows, then I have no idea.

did the problem only start recently?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It could have been a random windows update that's causing you issues then.

If the problem still happens after you reinstall windows, then I have no idea.

did the problem only start recently?

No they started when I bought the game then I stopped playing for a year and now me and my friends are all playijg online

12 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

No they started when I bought the game then I stopped playing for a year and now me and my friends are all playijg online

Do you only have 1 stick of RAM?

Spoiler

2 hours ago, DocBrown said:

8gb of ram

Add 8GB more RAM for a total of 16GB and the stuttering will miraculously go away. I have almost your exact PC specs and the day I upgraded from 8GB to 16GB I have yet to see any stuttering in GTA 5 and virtually every other game I play. When I had just 8GB of RAM the stuttering was super annoying.

Be sure to close Discord while you game because it's only going to eat up CPU usage. You can also achieve 100+ fps in GTA 5 in less demanding areas of the game and when flying. When in the city, expect 65-80 fps and in populated online lobbies expect 45-65 fps in the city. When in solo online lobbies, fps will be much similar to that of Story mode. Story mode is where you will get the best fps because it doesn't have to load in additional assets that GTA Online has added to the game as well as loading in numerous players and what they're doing in the game.

Also, you don't have to play on the lowest settings to maximize fps without losing visual fidelity. You just need to set them to certain settings that I just so happened to have mastered. If you're interested in them, just let me know and you'll be getting 85-105 fps on average with Ultra like visuals. And yes, in 1440p.