Hexagonal holes problem and CPU fan recommendation

lorcav123

Hello, I need advice about my case situation and fan recommendation.

- I have Define R5 and I put his stock fans to case fan controller. One stock fan is aimed at HDD cage (intake) and other is bottom intake. Problem is that when are fan on 7V I can hear sometimes humming noise like fan speed is going up and down. I read from this that this is known problem with R5 cases. From other posts:

"The humming is normally caused by the fans being too close to a hexagonal holes. I had the same problem on my Fractal XL R2."

"R5 is at fault, because of the shape of the holes. I tried with/without, different fans, and all different setups to isolate the issue. It is 100% the R5 top vents."

So can I solve this only but putting some smaller fan on bottom intake (120mm)? In reserve I have Noctua 120mm 700 redux but it can only work as far as I know on 12V so it will be needed to be connected to motherboard. Any other solution? I am pretty sure that bottm fan is the problem but I need to test it more.

- Other thing is that I want to replace my CPU fan which is Noctua industrial 3000, it has some buzzing noises (I read that is normal for those industrial fans?) and sometimes when I turn my PC during cold times I got a mesage that my CPU fan is no working. Than I restart computer and it starts normally, so maybe it start up with a delay and mbo after I turn PC on it recognises him as 0RPM at it gives that message? I have same situation with my previous board so fan must be the problem in this case. Any fan recommendation that doesn`t have problems (humming noise, PWM problems)?

My favorites (I want a silent fan with a good pressure):

- Coolermaster silencio 4pin 120mm

- Arctic Bionix P120 4pin

- Bequiet Silent wings 3 120mm 3 pin (I read that PWM versions has some problems)

Cooler is Coolermaster TPC 600, CPU is Ryzen R5 1600 but in future it will be replaced for some 12c Ryzen.

I would look into the rubber fan damping mounts for the chassis fans. I have a noctua 140 as my cpu fan and haven't had any buzzing issues.

Have you tried holding parts of the case / mobo / fittings etc to see if you can work out where the buxxing is coming from?

On 8/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, UrbanFreestyle said:

Might want to change your text colour. It;s showing black on dark theme.

In what color should i put it that won`t be conflict between light and dark theme?

On 8/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, UrbanFreestyle said:

I would look into the rubber fan damping mounts for the chassis fans. I have a noctua 140 as my cpu fan and haven't had any buzzing issues.

Have you tried holding parts of the case / mobo / fittings etc to see if you can work out where the buxxing is coming from?

It is a CPU fan, i think that buzzing noise is coming from motor area and I am pretty sure that Noctua is problem.

What about fan recommendations?