New build with a ryzen 3rd gen

IoWii

Hello, I am planning a computer to build this summer, this is where i left it at:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX black 16GB 3000MHz
Storage: Kingston 480gb ssd
Video Card: Sapphire RX 590 NITRO+
Case: Thermaltake Versa J22
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 600W

I am pretty happy with where i got it, the only two questions I have are, is the 590 worth around 40EUR more over the 580? This 590 currenlty costs 230EUR. How is the motherboard VRM quality, I have read somewhere that Gigabyte and Asus dissapointed in this department and the MSI Tomahawk B450 is much better in terms of VRM quality, how is with updating the BIOS to the latest one for 3rd gen on these B450 boards without a 2nd or 1st gen CPU?

Thanks for the help!

4 minutes ago, IoWii said:

Hello, I am planning a computer to build this summer, this is where i left it at:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M Aorus Elite 

I am pretty happy with where i got it, the only two questions I have are, is the 590 worth around 40EUR more over the 580? This 590 currenlty costs 230EUR. How is the motherboard VRM quality, I have read somewhere that Gigabyte and Asus dissapointed in this department and the MSI Tomahawk B450 is much better in terms of VRM quality, how is with updating the BIOS to the latest one for 3rd gen on these B450 boards without a 2nd or 1st gen CPU?

Thanks for the help!

What’s your total budget, country and main use? 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Mother board: big stores open and update for you if you ask (just if you buy ,they won't update if you buy somewhere else, probably i just never heard of it). I have a Gigabyte MB and i like the quality, and i had 2 MSI MB, they wasn't bad (they where really good), but i liked more Gigabyte. I never saw that model so there's the chance that this one is beter than Gigabyte

9 minutes ago, IoWii said:

Is it the A400? if so get a Crucial BX500 instead, it costs the same but it's far more reliable.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

What’s your total budget, country and main use? 

This builds costs 790EUR, just under my 800-850 EUR mark where I want it to be. I dont know where i will order, maybe from Austria  or my home country where prices are a little bit higher, its left to be decided (the same build costs around 50EUR more when shopping here). Main use is at this moment strictly gaming, later down the road, probably something productive, as this is for my younger brother, which currently does not do any productivity. 

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

Is it the A400? if so get a Crucial BX500 instead, it costs the same but it's far more reliable.

Yes it is the a400, thanks for the heads up

5 minutes ago, BurstHearts said:

Mother board: big stores open and update for you if you ask (just if you buy ,they won't update if you buy somewhere else, probably i just never heard of it).

Im ordering online.

4 minutes ago, IoWii said:

Im ordering online.

Depend of the store, the biggest stores in my country do it (some small too), and they only sell online, they have no phisical store

Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit

AMD will offer affected and qualified users (as described below) an AMD Athlon 200GE Processor, including thermal solution, for short-term use ("boot kit") to perform the BIOS update on their motherboard.

This short-term processor loan or boot kit is offered through AMD warranty services and is available only for qualified users that:

1. Have made a valid purchase of a 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and;
  2. Are unable to boot that processor because the user’s current X470/B450 BIOS must be upgraded first.

This service is free of charge with the following condition:

Once you have submitted your claim for a processor loan boot kit, AMD will require pictures of your 3rd  Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and AMD Socket AM4 400 Series motherboard, which clearly shows the model numbers and unique serial numbers as well as a copy of the purchase invoice(s) to authorize the request. Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable.

Once the RMA request is approved, the AMD Athlon 200GE processor will be sent with pre-paid return shipping. The processor is provided as a temporary loan to you for the sole purpose of updating the BIOS and must be returned within 10 business days of receipt. It is not necessary to return the provided thermal solution.

To obtain the boot kit, please carefully follow these instructions:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

55 minutes ago, IoWii said:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite 

Thanks for the help!

Replace the SSD if it's a A400 with something like a BX500 or Silicon Power A58, and consider replacing the RX 590 for a GTX 1660.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 hours ago, BigBlackRat said:

Short Term Processor Loan Boot Kit

AMD will offer affected and qualified users (as described below) an AMD Athlon 200GE Processor, including thermal solution, for short-term use ("boot kit") to perform the BIOS update on their motherboard.

This short-term processor loan or boot kit is offered through AMD warranty services and is available only for qualified users that:

1. Have made a valid purchase of a 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and;
  2. Are unable to boot that processor because the user’s current X470/B450 BIOS must be upgraded first.

This service is free of charge with the following condition:

Once you have submitted your claim for a processor loan boot kit, AMD will require pictures of your 3rd  Gen Ryzen™ Desktop Processor and AMD Socket AM4 400 Series motherboard, which clearly shows the model numbers and unique serial numbers as well as a copy of the purchase invoice(s) to authorize the request. Additionally, a summary or copy of communication with the motherboard manufacturer is requested to indicate why support from the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable.

Once the RMA request is approved, the AMD Athlon 200GE processor will be sent with pre-paid return shipping. The processor is provided as a temporary loan to you for the sole purpose of updating the BIOS and must be returned within 10 business days of receipt. It is not necessary to return the provided thermal solution.

To obtain the boot kit, please carefully follow these instructions:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Does this apply only for USA or Europe aswell?

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

Replace the SSD if it's a A400 with something like a BX500 or Silicon Power A58, and consider replacing the RX 590 for a GTX 1660.

Will do as someone already suggested, is there any difference between a 1660 and 590? Reputable brands such as Gigabyte,MSI, are atleast 50 EUR more over the Sapphire 590.

1 hour ago, IoWii said:

Will do as someone already suggested, is there any difference between a 1660 and 590? Reputable brands such as Gigabyte,MSI, are atleast 50 EUR more over the Sapphire 590.

Oh, no then. In some places, they cost the same, and the GTX 1660 has similar performance and consumes less power. Carry on with the 590.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.