Reboot router/switch remotly

Not Eligible For Stars

I'm in a pinch here. Our landlord is on vacation and the modem/router/switch (unknown gear) is acting up and located upstairs in his part of the house.

This experience have mede me rethink my choices in life, like choosing streaming over physical media...

Is there a way to restart it, like a command to run, so it reboots? I want to turn it of and on again. I have the option of playing a round of roulette by flipping fuses at the street fusebox… but imo that is taking it a little far.

Starting to get desperate tho, feels like I'm living in the woods of a undeveloped country. 

I'm logge into the wifi, so thats all I have to work with. Got a not completed ethernet cable I can try get working if it makes access easier.

When trying to run adresses in the browser I sometimes get redirected to the address below, so It's some asus router and probably a ZyXEL P2812ac combo unit.

http://router.asus.com/error_page.htm?flag=6

Wise tips appreciated while I detox.

no i think u need physical contact with the router to reboot buy another router thats cheap if u need  wifi

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

First open command prompt on windows and type ipconfig to discover the router's IP address (gateway) and access it on your browser. It's possible that it does have a restart button on this page

@IgorM

Didn't work.

@Dat--Boi

The lack of access is the problem, probably noting wrong with the router/modem itself.

I btw read you guys answers immediately, just forgot to reply.

Internett is still down… the ISP customer support will just ask me to turn it off and on again, so I wont even bother calling them.

I called the guys who control the smart meters in my area, they would not do it cuz of rules. Got a tip to call their under division, but had to do it in their opening hours which i missed.

8 minutes ago, Not Eligible For Stars said:

@IgorM

Didn't work.

@Dat--Boi

The lack of access is the problem, probably noting wrong with the router/modem itself.

I btw read you guys answers immediately, just forgot to reply.

Internett is still down… the ISP customer support will just ask me to turn it off and on again, so I wont even bother calling them.

I called the guys who control the smart meters in my area, they would not do it cuz of rules. Got a tip to call their under division, but had to do it in their opening hours which i missed.

do you have access to the circuit breakers? If so you can turn it off and on again

@IgorM Mmm, kinda and kinda not.

My fusebox in the basement dont affect 2.floor where the gear is located.

The street fusebox tho, opens with a female-triangle key and probably contains trays with NH-fuses.

https://voltaconsolar.com/battery-fuses-isolator-for-off-grid-solar-inverter-nh00-80a-fuses-switch.html

1674743694_treianglekey.thumb.jpg.737037f08d2a692c278c5ecbb55b9694.jpg