Case fans - 5 intake to 1 exhaust or 3 to 3?

GonzJJ

I am wanting to add two more fans to my case (both came included Fractal x2 gp-14). I am using a Fractal Design Define R6 and I am currently running with a h150i at the front as an intake and one Fractal x2 gp-14 as an exhaust at the top rear. I am going to add the two extra fans to the top of my case but I am unsure whether to go for them being intake or exhaust. I’ve read mixed opinions about having top fans as intake because of the heat rising. What do you guys think?

The reason I am doing this is for gpu cooling, it seems to be running fairly high at the moment (45-50C idle and 75+ gaming) and would like to get it down if possible.

12 minutes ago, GonzJJ said:

If you're trying to get better cooling without modding the case or just leaving the side panel off.

Take the dust filters out of the front of the case, and just fill that with fans, then move your CPU cooler to the mesh at the top.

You could also just zip tie a fan to the PCI-e Slots below your GPU to try and get it some more air.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you're trying to get better cooling without modding the case or just leaving the side panel off.

Take the dust filters out of the front of the case, and just fill that with fans, then move your CPU cooler to the mesh at the top.

You could also just zip tie a fan to the PCI-e Slots below your GPU to try and get it some more air.

I don’t really want to move to CPU cooler to the top, I’m happy to have it as an intake at the front. I’ve got a WiFi PCIe card under the gpu already so can’t get a fan in there. My only option really is to add fans to the top.

1 hour ago, GonzJJ said:

I don’t really want to move to CPU cooler to the top, I’m happy to have it as an intake at the front. I’ve got a WiFi PCIe card under the gpu already so can’t get a fan in there. My only option really is to add fans to the top.

That's not really going to help your GPU, and your CPU cooler is under performing at the front of that case.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3-3 is better. Its overkill either way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv