Ram, Does The Speed Make Any Difference?

how will i notice any difference between 1333mhz and 2400mhz?
it is faster, but will i notice it ?

You will definitely notice it but only in certain things. I notice it in the games that I play like path of exile, levels will load faster and such. In Rift textures will render quicker. I guess if you don't really look at those things then you wouldn't notice it though.

APUs benefit, from everything I've read about intel's Ivy Bridge, nothing over 1866 is worth spending money on, and even then it's a stretch.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

it is faster, depending on your level of computer knowledge, prolly not. usually

certain productivity appz benefit from higher-speed RAM. but usually from a cost

benefit, not really any benefit 3-50ns (nanosecond) differences.

gaming RAM widely used is the 1600MHz maybe 1866 if a memory sale. no need

in more than that, especially if the motherboard will not support it (something to check)

airdeano

You won't notice a difference if you are using an Intel cpu but if you are using an APU then it will make a difference. I would get 1600mhz ram because I think that they are standardized for general use/gaming usage because I see many ram use this clock.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer