Restart and update to stay in support, new way of being offered updates?

Restart and update to stay in support

Support for the Windows 10 April 2018

Update end in November 2019. Restart to

install a supported version of Windows.

[Pick a time]     [Restart tonight]     [Restart now]

Hate to be "that" person, but is this legitimate?

Windows normally dont ask nice and discrete to be updated/restarted.

The reason for my "paranoia" is the timing, as I just earlier today downloaded some Chrome extensions: a few google analytics & tag related.

I also visited random websites to gain the knowledge to opperate them. Nothing alarming tho, general explainers of google analytics & tags, general explainers about website domains, general explainers about DoS.

Windows Defender Security Center showed a yellow icon 3 sec ago, I clicked on it to see what it wanted to tell me. It then said "everything's OK" and turned green. Could just be random.

The update message is overlapping the screen, so its on top which is unusual. It removed itself as I wrote this, and is now living in the notification tab in the right corner.

Just wanted to hear what you guys think.

1055687543_CaptureforLTT.thumb.PNG.c89f84eee0b8414e272a602226dcd8aa.PNG

Seems you have Windows 1803 installed. But to confirm you can open the search field or the start menu and type "winver" without the quotes. What will bring up a little windows that will tell you what version of Windows you have.

Microsoft will stop issuing software updates for Windows 1803 in november, and that is why Windows now wants to update itself to a newer version.

If you don't see anything iffy on your system, chances are Windows Security just updated something or thought it had a problem. Just complete a full system scan to be safe.

Unless you have a specific reason for it, you might as well update Windows. The Windows Update system has become a serious nuisance. And staying up-to-date seems to keep it quiet ?