Unraid How To Network 2 Box Together

how would i go about connecting 2 unraid box together would i half to network them together and how would i go about doing that lol am new to networking and thing be really helpful if somebody can help me out.

What is your network like at home?

Normally just connect both to your main switch. You don't want to normally connected them directly together.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What is your network like at home?

Normally just connect both to your main switch. You don't want to normally connected them directly together.

like i want them to work together like if the first box get full it will start offloading on the second one?

Just now, soulles said:

like i want them to work together like if the first box get full it will start offloading on the second one?

nope, it will work as 2 fully seprate units.

If you want one file file share, you want a distrubted filesystem like moosefs, gluster, ceph, and others.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

nope, it will work as 2 fully seprate units.

If you want one file file share, you want a distrubted filesystem like moosefs, gluster, ceph, and others.

can i run that one unraid or different os. and i might respond later am working on a system that not posting trying to figure out why

Just now, soulles said:

can i run that one unraid or different os. and i might respond later am working on a system that not posting trying to figure out why

all of those above will run on most linux distros just fine.  Unraid doesn't support network clustering, just install debian or centos or other distro on the system.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

all of those above will run on most linux distros just fine.  Unraid doesn't support network clustering, just install debian or centos or other distro on the system.

k

Just now, soulles said:

k

i let you know if that work like i said am working with this other system that not posting