Blowing air into case by AC

Olivia Moore

Hey guys. So since summer started I wanted to cool my pc down a little while running games. I have my central ac vent about 2 feet away from my case. I had a fan blowing the cold air from the ac into my case from the side. It would bring my gpu temps from 80c to 74c. Ambient air is around 73f-75f. After I was done playing games I would close the case door and take the fan away.

After reading about condensation I began to worry and now thinking about no doing it again. I see no condensation as of now on any of my components or case or have I ever for the last 2ish months I have been doing this while playing games. Just general web browsing I do not do this.

I am thinking it is probably okay now as long as I dont do it anymore, and wanted to come here for some paranoia relief. lol

It's ok.

You're ok.

Everything will be alright.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

FYI I get high ambient temps too. Try 100f. I added water cooling and it does a much better job than air. The Noctua NH-D15 that it replaced could match it in cooler temps, but not once ambient got above around 80f. The GPU just loves it all round.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

FYI I get high ambient temps too. Try 100f. I added water cooling and it does a much better job than air. The Noctua NH-D15 that it replaced could match it in cooler temps, but not once ambient got above around 80f. The GPU just loves it all round.

So your saying blowing air into my case from my ac is probably fine and I shouldnt worry about it as long as I dont keep doing it? ?

FYII ;)

Also I had a broken vent shaft in my car. Meant that one side blew cold and the other hot. When the system was really working I actually got clouds coming out my air vents. I kid you not.

1 minute ago, keskparane said:

FYII ;)

Also I had a broken vent shaft in my car. Meant that one side blew cold and the other hot. When the system was really working I actually got clouds coming out my air vents. I kid you not.

I have no idea what that means but it sounds bad ? And what does FYII mean? lol

I attached an actual duct from my window unit to the inlet of my water cooled Pentium 4. It did drop temps for everything, I never had condensation, but it just wasn't worth it because the AC unit running all the time was worse than a little higher temps in terms of noise.

No worries about condensation, heck i left my computer on with no side panel for like a week not a single drop of water inside (though that does mean there was more dust in my machine)

3 hours ago, Olivia Moore said:

I have no idea what that means but it sounds bad ? And what does FYII mean? lol

I was just giving an example of how easy it is for condensation to be formed when you have a cold source next to a hot source.

FYII is just the sequel to FYI.

Oh. The thing that causes the condensation is warm air mixing with cold components. Perhaps you don't have to worry about it?

You're setup will not have any problem with condensation.

Like Keskparane said, condensation is usually caused by warm air mixing with cold parts. Warm air can hold more humidity than cold air. So, as warm air cools down, it will need to "unload" that humidity that it can no longer hold to nearby surfaces, creating condensation.

This is what happens inside your AC main unit as the AC takes in air from the outside to cool. That's why ACs have hoses, trays or pipes that collects or gets rid of water.

Having dumped its moisture, the air that the AC has cooled is now both cool and dry, and is blown up to your room and rig.

As another bonus, your setup is exactly the opposite of how condensation normally forms. you have cold air coming in that is getting warmed up, which will in fact, dry out the surrounding surface as the cold air sucks moisture form around it as it warms up.

I used to work in a hot, humid climate, and the way we keep our servers and equipment from getting condensation is in fact, keeping them in air conditioned rooms.

CPU: Vulnerable to Meltdown | Motherboard: Has LEDs that I can't see | RAM: Bought too much | GPU: Mostly satisfactory so far in our relationship | Case: Shiny, black, very heavy and tall, with a Firefox sticker | Storage: Has too many old HDDs | PSU: Hasn't blown up yet like it's predecessor | Displays: Mismatched from Craigslist | Cooling: As many Noctuas as there are fan headers | Keyboard: Keys are fading |  Mouse: Needs cleaning |

When the summer knocks on the door, then an air conditioning system is the most wanted necessities in the home. It not only reduce humidity level, but it also improves the indoor air quality. It is the best cooling system by which you can protect your computer and laptop from the scorching heat. If you maintain a comfortable temperature in the room, then you can also increase the lifespan of the equipment. As we all know that humidity is very dangerous for your system than heat and AC is the best cooling unit by which you can protect your computer. With AC installation Santa Barbara team you do not need to worry much about the installation process. Another benefit of having AC is that it increases your physical as well as an intellectual activity.