I need an adapter (send help)

ThatOverkillGuy

ok, so im new to this adapter game, but i need an adapter for my monitor.

i have a monitor that uses DVI and both my motherboard and video card do not have a port for it, and i NEED this monitor for streaming (to read chat) 

when i posted i needed a adapter in my discord someone said i need to find out if i need an ACTIVE or PASSIVE adapter for this to work

the problem is, i have no idea what to do, im new to this...

so i have the nvideo 1660 TI with 3 Display Ports and 1 HDMI port, and the hdmi ports being used by one of my monitors right now, so i need a DVI to DP adapter, can you guys help me pick one out or at least tell me what i need, is it active or passive, im so confused. please help

it has to be female display to male DP , sorry i should of said that

That one will plug into both your video card's DP and your monitor's DVI port. It's a cable not an adapter.

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

if thats the case then i need a VGA to DP cable because i have a VGA to DVI adapter on my monitor

DVI - HDMI adapter : https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-DVI-D-Adapter-2-Pack/dp/B06WVSLSP3/

DisplayPort - HDMI cable : https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DisplayPort-HDMI-Cable-Feet/dp/B015OW3M1W/

DisplayPort -> HDMI -> DVI .. problem solved.

If you ever get rid of the monitor, at least you can reuse the DisplayPort - HDMI cable so it's not a total loss.

As long as resolution is equal or below 1920x1200 60Hz, it will work just fine. Can't use resolutions above that in this scenario, as anything higher than 1920x1200 required DVI Dual Link and those basic DVI-HDMI adapters are DVI Single Link only (HDMI itself doesn't have enough wires for "dual link")