"Power surge detected"

Ah yes, the infamous Asus power surge protection. Got a little story and a problem with it. I'll try to keep it short as I can.

It all started about a year and a half ago. You can read the full story here: http://redd.it/7y0361 , but tl;dr is my pc was shutting down after 5-20 min of heavy load. I disassembled it and assembled it again and it started working flawlessly again.

Around last new year's eve, the problem happened again. I just disconnected and then reconnected the cables from all components, except for the PSU and it got "fixed" again.

Yesterday, it happened again. I was playing Witcher 3 for about 45 min and it just turned off and the goddamn power surge message appeared. Safe to say, I've had enough of this. I would assume it is the PSU, but I don't want to spend my money on the PSU when it could be the motherboard that's faulty or something else.

I know that Asus anti-surge is garbage, but I don't want to turn it off until I'm sure that every component in my pc works like it should.

Anyways, really need your help with this one. I will provide as much information as I can. Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm running CPU at 4.6GHz@1.35V and GPU at 2114MHz@1.093V.

CPU - i7 6700k | Motherboard - Asus Maximus VIII Formula | Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080 Ti Strix | PSU - Corsair RM750x | RAM - Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB | Case - Fractal Design R6 TG | Cooling - EKWB Custom loopStorage - Samsung EVO 840 240GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2