Fresh Installing W10

MastuhWaffles

So I did the upgrade from W7, and overall, my computers performance has been garbage. Such as the case where even on the lowest settings in GTA5 I cannot maintain 60fps, versus on W7 where it would never drop below 74 on very high.

I am going to do a fresh install, and I see the "Reset the PC" options, if I do that and choose to wipe everything, is that considered doing a fresh install? Or will I have to actually have a physical copy of windows10 to get a fresh install?

9 minutes ago, MastuhWaffles said:

I am going to do a fresh install, and I see the "Reset the PC" options, if I do that and choose to wipe everything, is that considered doing a fresh install? Or will I have to actually have a physical copy of windows10 to get a fresh install?

Resetting the PC is effectively reinstalling it.

You likely will not need an install media, but I've had a case where I needed it. It wouldn't be bad to have one handy just in case.

If you're going to wipe everything when resetting the PC you might as well do a proper fresh install. That way you're sure there is no crap left behind.

Just download the media creation tool, get a single layer DVD or 4GB flash drive and you're pretty much good to go with regards to creating installation media.

31 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Resetting the PC is effectively reinstalling it.

You likely will not need an install media, but I've had a case where I needed it. It wouldn't be bad to have one handy just in case.

I don't have a copy of W10, unfortunately. 

This may help or not with fps problem. Check drivers and system settings first.