How much is needed to run gta online 60 fps

Mando772004
Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

GTA online is alot more hefty than story mode ill tell you that rn

You better believe it. Extra assets to load in + more people to load in + what all these people are doing inside the lobby. That right there is to blame for the fps drops. Imagine what just you and what you are doing does to fps then times that by 20-30(people). If all 30 people blow things up at the same time, fps will drop dramatically.

It took me years to realize the sentences you just read. Once you understand it and see it for yourself, a sigh of relief actually happens because you finally know what has been causing it. Thousands of people have no clue because they most likely don't always play games with MSI Afterburner running. I don't game without it.

@5x5 i mean you have your point but i dont get why someone would fake a performance video of a computer i just dont get why would anyone would have that mindset

Because people like getting dozens of comments saying "omg how did you get so much FPS????!?!?!" Use.legit sources and match setting exactly. Also keep an eye on thermals and make sure your bios and drivers are updated properly. That's why we use ddu, a broken driver can cause all sorts of weird behaviour.

@5x5 i just recently updated my bios to f32 although the latest is f40 but ill get to that in terms of drivers i just installed nvidia's newest driver yesterday idk why it would be broken but i guess i could try ddu also can u tell me a trusted source to get "fps results" from?

21 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

r5 2600 which isnt that much more powerful of a chip compared to my 2400g

Actually the 2400G uses first gen Ryzen while the 2600 uses Zen +, so the generational bonus to performance is notable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Any reputable reviewer. Anandtech, Gamers Nexus, Techapot, Digital Foundry to name a few.

@5x5 according to gamers nexus average for gta 5 with 1660 ti was 95 fps i get 90 sometimes plus i have extra settings set to ultra that should be off cuz theyre useless so yeah i guess my pc is fine it was just my settings

That's up to you. If you don't mind higher temperatures, more noise and increased power consumption, go ahead.

@InfernalClaw If you want the best experience, I suggest that you lock your frame-rate, having it locked at a lower frame-rate than the unlocked average can make the game run smooth and keep your temperatures down.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

5 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

does anyone have any suggestion?

It's not your hardware, it's GTA 5 Online. You could perform the best hardware upgrade possible to your PC but when you play in online lobbies your fps is simply going to drop. The only solution is to kick everyone out your public lobby and invite your friends to do your grinding.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

It's not your hardware, it's GTA 5 Online. You could perform the best hardware upgrade possible to your PC but when you play in online lobbies your fps is simply going to drop. The only solution is to kick everyone out your public lobby and invite your friends to do your grinding.

i guess @Dr. Historic Low

2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

i guess

You guessed right...

82-103 fps in the solo lobby above.

68-80 in a semi full lobby. Obviously in the exact same areas of the game.

4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

GTA online is alot more hefty than story mode ill tell you that rn

You better believe it. Extra assets to load in + more people to load in + what all these people are doing inside the lobby. That right there is to blame for the fps drops. Imagine what just you and what you are doing does to fps then times that by 20-30(people). If all 30 people blow things up at the same time, fps will drop dramatically.

It took me years to realize the sentences you just read. Once you understand it and see it for yourself, a sigh of relief actually happens because you finally know what has been causing it. Thousands of people have no clue because they most likely don't always play games with MSI Afterburner running. I don't game without it.