Record Player sounds high pitched and seems to be playing fast

I have a Sony PS-LX310BT turntable that I got recently and I've noticed that my records are sounding slightly high pitched (not chipmunk sounding, just noticeable) and I'm not sure why. My drive belt seems to be in good condition and isn't twisted or anything. I'm not sure exactly what is the issue since it is a new record player but the past two record players I've had seemed to have had this issue. Thank you in advance.

If you have some switching light (incandecent, fluorescent, halogen or cheaper LED) you could check the speed with a strobe disc.

Just print the one that corrospond to the frequency of your mains power, place it on your turntable and check if the lines shifts towards the right. 

Alternatively, you can download one of various phone apps that will measure the speed, but they aren't exactly precision tools. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I used one of the apps that track RPM and it says that my record player is playing at 33.84 RPM, so it is playing at slightly faster than normal. How would I fix this issue?

14 hours ago, michaelagwyn said:

I used one of the apps that track RPM and it says that my record player is playing at 33.84 RPM, so it is playing at slightly faster than normal. How would I fix this issue?

There should be two holes on the underside of the plinth labled "L" and "H". Those will be for accessing the pots for adjusting 33rpm and 45rpm, respectivly.

You'll need a rather small flat-headed screwdriver in order to access the pots, and the screwdriver should preferably be made of plastic (or at least wrapped in electrical tape), so that you won't short out the motor.   

I am totally new to this record player thing, what is the plinth? And how do I get to it?

54 minutes ago, michaelagwyn said:

I am totally new to this record player thing, what is the plinth? And how do I get to it?

The plinth is the body of the turntable.

Basically, you just need to access the bottom of the turntable and underneath the motor should be the forementioned access holes.