ok I revised a little lol

Futch

You probably could get a 3700x instead and a 2070 super and get more performance

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

If that is for gaming then it is very unbalanced.

How will this system be used?

What parts do you not want to change?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

6 minutes ago, brob said:

How will this system be used?

What parts do you not want to change?

well the i9 just has a ring to it, I know its stupid to buy things for that reason but idk lol, I really wanted a cpu cooler with RGB and that just seemed like the best choice, same thing with the ram I love how RGB RAM looks and also I wanted 32 gb just why not lol I wanted a mother board that looks cool, also im a big fan of Asus so ya. it will be used for manly gaming but I will be going to be going to school soon for my BS in game design so just incase I wanted to use my PC I could (at least to an extent)

Do you really need the optical drive?

36 minutes ago, brob said:

Do you really need the optical drive?

prob not lol

3 hours ago, Futch said:

well the i9 just has a ring to it, I know its stupid to buy things for that reason but idk lol, I really wanted a cpu cooler with RGB and that just seemed like the best choice, same thing with the ram I love how RGB RAM looks and also I wanted 32 gb just why not lol I wanted a mother board that looks cool, also im a big fan of Asus so ya. it will be used for manly gaming but I will be going to be going to school soon for my BS in game design so just incase I wanted to use my PC I could (at least to an extent)

CPU choice fair enough, the i9 is still a very capable CPU and if you hit the silicon lottery (OC-able to 5.1-5.2GHz) is still top dog

CPU cooler with RGB? Well i would say there are better options but the ML240 isn't the worst and is decent value.

RGB RAM fair enough, G.Skill makes some very aesthetically-pleasing stuff. But are you buying 32GB just for the sake of buying 32GB or do you have an actual use case for it? Otherwise you are wasting money for something that you will never fully utilize.

Pointless brand loyalty = paying that ASUS ROG tax. The Z390 chipset isn't exactly lacking for options, Gigabyte's Aorus Elite/Pro Wifi or if you still wanna spend over $200 on a motherboard go all-in and get the MSI MEG ACE for better VRMs so you can overclock better.

Just reducing the cost of the motherboard & RAM alone would give you enough budget to step up a tier in the GPU (RTX2070 Super? used RTX2080 even?) for better gaming performance.

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($483.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($529.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar - Panzer Max ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.90 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.85 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1848.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-21 21:41 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

3 hours ago, Futch said:

prob not lol

Then you can consider other cases.

58 minutes ago, BigRom said:

CPU choice fair enough, the i9 is still a very capable CPU and if you hit the silicon lottery (OC-able to 5.1-5.2GHz) is still top dog

CPU cooler with RGB? Well i would say there are better options but the ML240 isn't the worst and is decent value.

RGB RAM fair enough, G.Skill makes some very aesthetically-pleasing stuff. But are you buying 32GB just for the sake of buying 32GB or do you have an actual use case for it? Otherwise you are wasting money for something that you will never fully utilize.

Pointless brand loyalty = paying that ASUS ROG tax. The Z390 chipset isn't exactly lacking for options, Gigabyte's Aorus Elite/Pro Wifi or if you still wanna spend over $200 on a motherboard go all-in and get the MSI MEG ACE for better VRMs so you can overclock better.

Just reducing the cost of the motherboard & RAM alone would give you enough budget to step up a tier in the GPU (RTX2070 Super? used RTX2080 even?) for better gaming performance.

Hide contents

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($483.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($529.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Cougar - Panzer Max ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.90 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.85 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1848.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-21 21:41 EDT-0400

I appreciate your input