Sound BlasterX AE-5 with Stereo Headset, howto configure?

Ryodu

Hi,

I am using a Sennheiser Game One Headset with a Sound BlasterX AE-5

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-game-one

https://en.creative.com/p/sound-cards/sound-blasterx-ae-5

I am not sure how i should configure it. In Windows should I set it to Stereo or 5.1 Surround?

ee50kma.png

And what about the configuration menue inside the Sound Blaster Connect software? Should I use the 7.1 Headphones or the Direkt HP option? Cause the Game One only got Stereo....

Or maybe select 5.1 in Windows and Stereo inside the software?

gJjkmwa.png

I am looking for the best setup to play mainly First-Person Shooters so localization is really important. Maybe someone has a clue?

Thx in advance!

Okay, so what I would do is set windows to 5.1. That will tell the games to output surround sound. Then for the sound card settings, I would do 7.1 headphones, and then also enable sbx surround. I believe the importance of setting 7.1 headphones is to enable the headphone amp and also make sure you get the headphone version of sbx processing (as opposed to the speaker version). Then sbx surround is the hrtf, which allows you to differentiate front and back better on headphones in games with surround sound.

Since you are getting hrtf from the sound card, you want to disable hrtf in games that offer it. For example, you would turn off dolby atmos for headphone in overwatch, or turn off hrtf in pubg.

8 hours ago, an actual squirrel said:

Okay, so what I would do is set windows to 5.1. That will tell the games to output surround sound. Then for the sound card settings, I would do 7.1 headphones, and then also enable sbx surround. I believe the importance of setting 7.1 headphones is to enable the headphone amp and also make sure you get the headphone version of sbx processing (as opposed to the speaker version). Then sbx surround is the hrtf, which allows you to differentiate front and back better on headphones in games with surround sound.

Since you are getting hrtf from the sound card, you want to disable hrtf in games that offer it. For example, you would turn off dolby atmos for headphone in overwatch, or turn off hrtf in pubg.

Sounds good, I gonna try it that way.

You know where I can enable sbx sound? Cant find anything named like this in the Sound Blaster Connect software

Or is it the first Option in this Screenshot? "Surround"

jh868gP.png

7 hours ago, Ryodu said:

Sounds good, I gonna try it that way.

You know where I can enable sbx sound? Cant find anything named like this in the Sound Blaster Connect software

Or is it the first Option in this Screenshot? "Surround"

yea, it's that.