Video editing

Hey guys, any suggestions on what the best video editing software would be for me to use??? My pc was windows 10 and had a ryzen 9 3900x, x570 phantom and a RTX 2060 super.

3 hours ago, Arfix said:

I'm using Movie studio platinum, like it a lot but with your hardware I would possibly go for Davinci Resolve as it is great software + free

Okay yeah I’ll have a look into it thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I use AdobePremier and AdobeAfterEffects.... pretty easy and you can do a lot of cool stuff there. Especially in AfterEffects.... you can even animate your "still" photos 

I would Suggest looking at Davinci Resolve or Adobe Premier.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses Davinci Is more focused on Color Correction but has a competent Editing suite now with version 16 beta  and Premier has a more feature rich editing timeline but isn't as good on the color correct or audio end.

Sweet rig. Davinci resolve is free and very powerful, takes advantage of graphics cards better than premiere. Premiere is more widely used, has a lot of great tutorials, and is (in my opinion) easier to pick up. It also costs a fair chunk of change, as others have noted. 

Im using Movie Studio Platinum 16 and I love it :)

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

| PSU - Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM | Case - NZXT H510 Flow | YouTube - SgtKenzo |

I've been using Pinnacle Studio for years, and I can't recommend it right now. It's a 64-bit system, finally, but it does not make use of GPU acceleration for the processing. It does use multiple cores for the processing. The 21st edition I am using (one year behind) was a step back in blu ray authoring - very finicky. 

11 hours ago, Jim, in Iowa said:

I've been using Pinnacle Studio for years, and I can't recommend it right now. It's a 64-bit system, finally, but it does not make use of GPU acceleration for the processing. It does use multiple cores for the processing. The 21st edition I am using (one year behind) was a step back in blu ray authoring - very finicky. 

Honestly Pinnacle dropped a few steps in quality once Avid Bought them the first time around in the mid 2000's and never recovered since.

I personally use Premiere to edit my videos, its what I know best so I just stick to it, its feature rich and very versatile but definitely stick to one very feature rich software and master it!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't do much video. I have used Premiere, Final Cut and a few others. For my needs the free edition of Davinci Resolve is superb. Compared to the other options the interface took a little time to get used to, but it does so much out of the box for free. Most of my editing involves colour correction, stabilisation, a little cutting here and there and then the overlaying of various audio tracks and sound effects. All is done nicely with the free version. Some of the interface could be more intuitive, but it improves with each iteration. There are things it lacks in the free version, such as sharpening and other video effects, however you can buy an upgrade to the full version which does almost everything you will ever need. It does need a decent GPU to run well with but that is only a good thing IMO. With Premiere you need a lot of ram and a powerful CPU as the package isn't so well optimised to take advantage of GPU power yet. Just my opinion as a tinkerer in the video arena.