Clean Code Books - Question

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by Unimportant,

@Hi P Many clean code guidelines/techniques can be applied to any language. Of course it depends on the language paradigm. Object oriented techniques obviously can't be applied to a functional only language. (And attempting to mimic them is one source of ugly code).

That said, one should probably try to get books that apply to a language you know pretty well so you can understand the examples laid out in the book.

Also don't overlook the wealth of free information in the form of talks on youtube. In the C++ world you've got the CppCon channel, "Going native" and "clean code talks", for example.

Do those books on how to write clean code apply to any language? Because while languages may differ in syntax, they seem to have similar code structure (or so I believe)

I plan to focus on C / C++ for the rest of the year.

Would it be wiser to invest in a book for C++ good coding practices or a clean code book (non-specific language)?

(I'm mainly asking because I'm going to purchase a physical copy and I can only do so every 2 months)

Thank you :)

@Hi P Many clean code guidelines/techniques can be applied to any language. Of course it depends on the language paradigm. Object oriented techniques obviously can't be applied to a functional only language. (And attempting to mimic them is one source of ugly code).

That said, one should probably try to get books that apply to a language you know pretty well so you can understand the examples laid out in the book.

Also don't overlook the wealth of free information in the form of talks on youtube. In the C++ world you've got the CppCon channel, "Going native" and "clean code talks", for example.

Books on programming vary wildly in quality and for things like this it's easier to get a general idea just by reading blog posts and watching youtube talks.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*