Trying to update to ver 1809 or 1903 - Blue screen

I bought a new RTX 2080 ti from Asus and when I tried to run a game with RTX the option to do so was greyed out. From what I've read it's due to my windows version being 1803 and it needs to be updated to 1809 or the latest 1903.

But when I try to update with the update file from Microsoft's website, the process downloads and finish and when I restart I get a blue screen reverting everything back to 1803. I was thinking that there is a bug in 1903 that creates this, but when I tried to get the previous 1809 version it's nowhere to be found. Google searches just ends up with click-bait articles and stuff that just point to 1903. 

Why is this happening? How can I update to a stable and working version of windows that enables RTX on my card?

Make sure your bios is up to date, and have you tried using the windows update assistant?  I had some issues updating my kids pc.  Windows update issues who would have thought. . . 

2 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

Make sure your bios is up to date, and have you tried using the windows update assistant?  I had some issues updating my kids pc.  Windows update issues who would have thought. . . 

So it's a BIOS issue? I've tried the built-in update utility, but it doesn't even show me the 1809 update available, it says I'm on the "latest update" but my windows version says 1803. I downloaded the windows update utility (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) and it handles the update to 1903, but as mentioned, on restart it goes to bluescreen and then reverts back to 1803. 

Here's what's happening when restarting, the Asus is booting, it goes into a screen saying "reverting changes made on your computer" (translated), then back to boot and then into Windows 10 log-in but Windows version still being 1803 and not 1903 that I upgraded to. 

boot1.PNG

boot2.PNG

boot3.PNG

boot4.PNG

On 7/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, Beowulff83 said:

This was not a BIOS issue, I've updated to the latest BIOS and it was not causing this. Update problems still remain.

UPDATE:

I've tried everything and I tried doing a re-install as well, but the restart sequence still quits. It does so after the 30% mark and then just revert back to 1803. 

It doesn't matter if I turn off all usual auto-start functions, clean the system or anything. It still behaves in the same way. When I did the re-install process it did, however, show me an error message after the revering back to 1803, when returning to windows:

0x800704B8 - 0x3001A the installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT operation

Googling it just showed other people having the problem with the same feedback and no solution. 
It would be nice if someone had any clue to what is causing this since there seem to be no one online having any clue.

1 hour ago, Glazarus said:

I've tried everything and I tried doing a re-install as well

Have you tried a clean install of windows?

8 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

Have you tried a clean install of windows?

Isn’t a clean install what you do from a created boot drive (usb drive)? In that case that’s what I did. But you mean going into bios and wipe the drive first?

16 hours ago, Glazarus said:

wipe the drive first?

yes, format and install a new copy.  Just remember to back up and data you need to keep