550w silver to 650w gold

SuperFlower

Do you guys recomend going from superflower silver 550w to a superflower gold II 650w for a system with 9600k + 2080/super? Yes or no and why. Thanks

Yes!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

3 minutes ago, beast said:

Do you guys recomend going from superflower silver 550w to a superflower gold II 650w for a system with 9600k + 2080/super? Yes or no and why. Thanks

yes upgrade, you can get better performance by overclocking cpu and gpu, btw 550 watt psu is a liitle bit bad for a system like that espically a high end one, what specs, RGB? Get a more reputable brand like seasonic, evga etc NOT superflower. i have never heard of and i wouldnt trust my $$$$ pc with the cheapo PSU 

Technology is NEVER easy :(

10 minutes ago, Trilex said:

yes upgrade, you can get better performance by overclocking cpu and gpu, btw 550 watt psu is a liitle bit bad for a system like that espically a high end one, what specs, RGB? Get a more reputable brand like seasonic, evga etc NOT superflower. i have never heard of and i wouldnt trust my $$$$ pc with the cheapo PSU 

Most EVGA Power Supplies are made by Superflower and based on SF's existing platforms. There is no reason to be worried at all. Seasonic, Delta and Superflower are the market leaders when it comes to power supply designs, availability just varies by region.

8 minutes ago, Trilex said:

L to the M to the A to the O. 

What if I told you that Superflower is one of OEMs that EVGA uses for their PSUs? Also, efficiency rating says nothing about quality of the system and 550w PSU is plenty for overclocking his system.

Imagine talking about things you have zero idea about.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

16 minutes ago, beast said:

Both are more than enough for your system. Though personally, I'd get a Ryzen 5 3600. It's more efficient, runs cooler and is notably faster that the i5.

@5x5 I already have the 9600k+z390 aorus pro+16gb 3000mhz tridentz for sale at a low price, I just want to know if I should buy the leadex gold II 650w for 82€ and if its worth it to replace my 2 years old superflower silver 550w.

26 minutes ago, beast said:

@5x5 I already have the 9600k+z390 aorus pro+16gb 3000mhz tridentz for sale at a low price, I just want to know if I should buy the leadex gold II 650w for 82€ and if its worth it to replace my 2 years old superflower silver 550w.

No need to spend the extra 82 pounds for that, use that for a larger SSD/better case/whatever instead or just save it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

44 minutes ago, beast said:

In that case just keep using your current unit. It's more than enough.

Just tried a superflower leadex gold II 650w and it has coil noise even when the pc is off, I think I might hold on my leadex silver 550w.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:05 PM, Trilex said:

Should I tell him that Superflower makes the majority of EVGA units?

5 minutes ago, Matsozetex said:

Should I tell him that Superflower makes the majority of EVGA units?

You mean like two people already did before you? 

On 7/20/2019 at 5:05 PM, Trilex said:

Cheapo PSU huh, from a manufacturer thats makes stuff for EVGA? Maybe do a little more research before you start trashing brands you haven't heard of.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

2 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

You mean like two people already did before you? 

Forgive me, I have sudden moments of shit to the brain. More often than others some may say.