Ryzen 3700x temp fluctuations

xBLUEDOGx

Is it normal for the cpu temps to be fluctuating in between 35c-55c at idle?

If nothing is open, no background tasks or anything, the cpu should sit at a stable temp.

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

At idle it fluctuates between 35c-48c with just this page open. Cores are constantly switching from sleep mode to active mode. Some will sleep some will turn on every second or less.

Is it possibly an aggressive fan curve? Your CPU could be getting up to 55c and then your fans could be ramping up bringing it back down to 35c and then shutting off and starting the loop over again.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 minute ago, Votivee said:

Is it possibly an aggressive fan curve? Your CPU could be getting up to 55c and then your fans could be ramping up bringing it back down to 35c and then shutting off and starting the loop over again.

its the stock ryzen 7 3700x fan. it is ramping up like you said. but why is cpu getting up to 55c if at idle? is that normal?

1 minute ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

its the stock ryzen 7 3700x fan. it is ramping up like you said. but why is cpu getting up to 55c if at idle? is that normal?

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. Play with your fan curve a bit while in the bios, you might be able to get it lower.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

okay thankyou. maybe ill just buy a different fan... 

1 minute ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

okay thankyou. maybe ill just buy a different fan... 

Well I’d say the temp fluctuations are due to the increase in voltage. I know this from my 2700x, sometimes idiotic temp spikes when leaving everything on auto (non OC).

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

20 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Well I’d say the temp fluctuations are due to the increase in voltage. I know this from my 2700x, sometimes idiotic temp spikes when leaving everything on auto (non OC).

yeah i have everything on default simply because im not very experienced in overclocking and i dont want to fry anything. i will say this, when i am gaming and have everything on ultra settings my temps stabilize at 55c and do not budge from that. 

6 minutes ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

yeah i have everything on default simply because im not very experienced in overclocking and i dont want to fry anything. i will say this, when i am gaming and have everything on ultra settings my temps stabilize at 55c and do not budge from that. 

That’s good temps 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

That’s good temps 

I agree. However, i would like to see one the the youtube dudes do a piece on these stock fan ramps... It seems to be freaking out a lot of people. 

7 minutes ago, xBLUEDOGx said:

I agree. However, i would like to see one the the youtube dudes do a piece on these stock fan ramps... It seems to be freaking out a lot of people. 

Check gamersnexus his channel. He showed with testing how temps affect the MHz