I have a question for h370 motherboards

I want to built a new pc with the i5 9400f and i dont know if i have to update the bios on a h370 motherboard (two of the mobos im planning to buy Gigabyte h370 aorus gaming 3 wifi (rev 1.0),Asrock fatal1ty h370 performance)

9 minutes ago, J4Lee said:

I want to built a new pc with the i5 9400f and i dont know if i have to update the bios on a h370 motherboard (two of the mobos im planning to buy Gigabyte h370 aorus gaming 3 wifi (rev 1.0),Asrock fatal1ty h370 performance)

These boards will need a BIOS update before installing the new 9th Intel Processors unless otherwise stated (some boards might have shipped with the latest BIOS that supports such processors. Check for a sticker or label on the box)

Contact your retailer or local service center first and ask them to help you update the BIOS. Or borrow a friend's CPU to flash the BIOS.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Where are you buying from? In USD pricing, a B450 motherboard and ryzen 5 3600 is very competitive and you have a guaranteed method of updating bios through AMD customer support

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Where are you buying from? In USD pricing, a B450 motherboard and ryzen 5 3600 is very competitive and you have a guaranteed method of updating bios through AMD customer support

in greece the i5 9400f cost around 145 euros or 162.69 USD but ryzen 5 3600 cost 230 euros or 258.06 USD and B450 motherboards cost around the same with the H370

edit: sorry i didnt mention i live in greece and i didnt mention the prices

11 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

These boards will need a BIOS update before installing the new 9th Intel Processors unless otherwise stated (some boards might have shipped with the latest BIOS that supports such processors. Check for a sticker or label on the box)

Contact your retailer or local service center first and ask them to help you update the BIOS. Or borrow a friend's CPU to flash the BIOS.

thanks

2 minutes ago, J4Lee said:

in greece the i5 9400f cost around 145 euros or 162.69 USD but ryzen 5 3600 cost 230 euros or 258.06 USD and B450 motherboards cost around the same with the H370

edit: sorry i didnt mention i live in greece and i didnt mention the prices

Ok. Also, personally I'd spring for a B360 board since H370 boards usually contain features from Z370 minus the overclocking, so if your needs are simpler, like 2666MHz ram, then you can save some money.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad