Rate this Ryzen 3000 build

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

2 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

What makes you think he needs a 12 core cpu ? Maybe ask what he is doing with the pc first. Not that psu either.

@lee32uk The more powerful the CPU the better. Not much price difference either between the builds

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

15 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@lee32uk The more powerful the CPU the better.

That isn't true at all. 

27 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What is the pc being used for ?

1080p 60fps ultra gaming and productivity.

38 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@lee32uk The more powerful the CPU the better. Not much price difference either between the builds

$100 for a lot of people is a fairly significant difference.  you basically gave them CPU cores they will likely never touch, in exchange for that you slightly downshifted their GPU and asked them to pay an extra $100.

and right now the 5700XT is a slight downshift vs the 2070 because the Navi architecture is super new so driver and game support just isn't there to fully utilize the potential of the card, and given all historical information it takes a while for Games to optimize for Radeon, if they ever do it. 

I think for everything outside of high end content creation or just pure enthusiast builds, the 3600 is the best item in the Zen 2 line.  there is very little that actually makes real use of core 6 & 7 let alone anything after 8.

15 minutes ago, Glassthegrey said:

$100 for a lot of people is a fairly significant difference.  you basically gave them CPU cores they will likely never touch, in exchange for that you slightly downshifted their GPU and asked them to pay an extra $100.

and right now the 5700XT is a slight downshift vs the 2070 because the Navi architecture is super new so driver and game support just isn't there to fully utilize the potential of the card, and given all historical information it takes a while for Games to optimize for Radeon, if they ever do it. 

I think for everything outside of high end content creation or just pure enthusiast builds, the 3600 is the best item in the Zen 2 line.  there is very little that actually makes real use of core 6 & 7 let alone anything after 8.

About RTX 2070 supers, I can't find any on stock on any major retailer. Am I missing something? 

Just now, Majestic_8800GT said:

About RTX 2070 supers, I can't find any on stock on any major retailer. Am I missing something? 

No, the supers are less than a week old. I assume it's just a matter of retailers selling trough stock.  a lot of retailers are still reporting availability of the 3900&3900x, and some minor issues with the 3700

27 minutes ago, Glassthegrey said:

No, the supers are less than a week old. I assume it's just a matter of retailers selling trough stock.  a lot of retailers are still reporting availability of the 3900&3900x, and some minor issues with the 3700

Oh ok. I will build my PC in a month, so this isn't much of a worry. 

P.S: is the B450 Tomahawk good for OCing?

2 hours ago, Majestic_8800GT said:

The fan is not suited to a consumer build. Noctua says on the product web page "The industrialPPC models are high-speed fans for industrial applications. As such, they are not as quiet as other Noctua fans and less suited for low-noise PC builds"

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

13 minutes ago, Majestic_8800GT said:

Oh ok. I will build my PC in a month, so this isn't much of a worry. 

P.S: is the B450 Tomahawk good for OCing?

I am not the person to speak on overclocking, but from what I can tell, it looks the like MSI bios has options for it.  whether they work well with a 3000 series ryzen is up to your experimentation.

2 hours ago, Glassthegrey said:

I am not the person to speak on overclocking, but from what I can tell, it looks the like MSI bios has options for it.  whether they work well with a 3000 series ryzen is up to your experimentation.

Ok. I also have one more question. Does the PSU come with all the cables required to power all the build components?

1 hour ago, Majestic_8800GT said:

Ok. I also have one more question. Does the PSU come with all the cables required to power all the build components?

Not sure if you are asking about the components in the OP or a general case. The OP psu has all the cables necessary to power the other components in that build. That may not be true if the motherboard, gpu or psu are changed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 hours ago, Majestic_8800GT said:

1080p 60fps ultra gaming and productivity.

1080p 60fps but a 144hz monitor?

1 hour ago, brob said:

Not sure if you are asking about the components in the OP or a general case. The OP psu has all the cables necessary to power the other components in that build. That may not be true if the motherboard, gpu or psu are changed.

What exactly comes with the PSU?

6 hours ago, Glassthegrey said:

@Glassthegrey Any idea on where to find 3700x in stock? Major retailers I have checked out are either sold out, on back order, or price gouging.

Of course I still love you

4 hours ago, pannotia said:

@Glassthegrey Any idea on where to find 3700x in stock? Major retailers I have checked out are either sold out, on back order, or price gouging.

Not at all I see them crop up on Newegg one in a while.  But it looks like they sell as soon as they come up