My RTX 2060 is underperforming

Flame ._.

Hi I recently upgraded from a GTX 1050ti to a RTX 2060 but I have been underwhelmed with the performance. 

I've seen videos on YouTube of people testing the card on games I like, including Rust and Battlefield V and they have been getting good fps while also being on a good graphics preset. But when I tried these games for myself with my RTX 2060 I have been underperforming massively.

My rig is:

Motherboard: Asus A320M-E

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 950

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2060 (overclocked)

RAM: Apacer Panther 8gb ddr5

Power supply: 450w (600w coming soon)

SSD: Seagate Firecuda 1tb ssd

Monitor: Acer KA221Q 60hz x2

Btw my frames on bf v are like 20-30 on medium to high. Rtx off. And I'm also new to pc builds.

3 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

AMD Athlon X4 950

This CPU uses the old Excavator microarchitecture from several years ago. It's not able to handle modern gaming.

10 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

Power supply: 450w (600w coming soon)

Could you be more specific? If you're getting a new PSU, let's make sure it's of some quality.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

This CPU uses the old Excavator microarchitecture from several years ago. It's not able to handle modern gaming.

Could you be more specific? If you're getting a new PSU, let's make sure it's of some quality.

AMD Athlon X4 950 3.5GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) does that make the CPU more specific? 

Just now, Flame ._. said:

AMD Athlon X4 950 3.5GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) does that make the CPU more specific? 

the CPU was plenty specific. What's vague is the 600 watt PSU. I'd like to know the make and model.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

the CPU was plenty specific. What's vague is the 600 watt PSU. I'd like to know the make and model.

It's an AeroCool Integrator 600W edit: and what CPU do you recommend.

5 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

It's an AeroCool Integrator 600W

In the words of @jonnyGURU

Bait and switch.  The unit sent to KitGuru and 80 PLUS is not what's actually sold.

Aerocool and Andyson tend to do this all the time.  I ordered one and opened it up and it's an absolute dumpster fire.  Plan to post a review soon.

Do not get the Aerocool Integrator.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

In the words of @jonnyGURU

Do not get the Aerocool Integrator.

Great I don't know what to do now.

4 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

Great I don't know what to do now.

We have a PSU tier list, feel free to give it a look over and buy something from Tier B or better. Looks like that Integrator is listed for $60 so you have the money for something good instead like a CX550 or something from Corsair.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FdRFf7/corsair-cx-2017-550w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020121-na

Edited by fasauceome

Primary PC:

Just pick up a 80 plus GOLD rated of just about any mainstream brand at your 600 watts. Corsairs RM line is good, EVGA has a good line of gold rated PSU's as well.

Its not a place to skimp!! I promise you i learned this lesson the hard way. I feel that if you are trying to build a decent gaming rig in 2019 750 watts and an 80 plus gold rating is about the sweet spot for most builds i would say. Just DO NOT SKIMP here!!

7 minutes ago, skeeter36 said:

EVGA has a good line of gold rated PSU's as well.

There are some hit and miss models. The G3, despite being the newest G series (until very recently) has worse protections than its predecessors, so the G1+ and G2 are better. Unfortunately, the G3 is also too expensive for its own good. I never recommend shopping by brand, too many inconsistencies among product lines.

When it comes ot a good PSU for a budget PC like this one, a 550 watt PSU is the most I'd recommend. It's more than enough to upgrade down the line.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

There are some hit and miss models. The G3, despite being the newest G series (until very recently) has worse protections than its predecessors, so the G1+ and G2 are better. Unfortunately, the G3 is also too expensive for its own good. I never recommend shopping by brand, too many inconsistencies among product lines.

When it comes ot a good PSU for a budget PC like this one, a 550 watt PSU is the most I'd recommend. It's more than enough to upgrade down the line.

And also do I really need a new CPU?

11 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

Definitely. Your CPU flat out can't handle that GPU, it's just not enough. Lucky for you, the new release of Ryzen processors has made old ones readily available on eBay due to people upgrading. You can snatch a Ryzen 5 1400, 1500X or 1600 for a really good price right no from the used market.

In addition to that, what are your ram specs? You listed 

1 hour ago, Flame ._. said:

RAM: Apacer Panther 8gb ddr5

A few issues here: it's not DDR5, that's not on the market yet. I think you've confused GDDR5 with DDR4. Also, what kit is this? Is it 2x4GB 2666? 1x8GB 2400?

Primary PC:

17 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

If you don't want to waste that 2060, yes. I mean, if you don't want to get a new CPU just play at 8k that the CPU bottleneck is probably going away for a fantastic under 10fps experience, but yeah you should get a new CPU. Say how much you can put on a CPU, and maybe a new MB and memory that someone will recommend things at that price point.

4 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

If you don't want to waste that 2060, yes. I mean, if you don't want to get a new CPU just play at 8k that the CPU bottleneck is probably going away for a fantastic under 10fps experience, but yeah you should get a new CPU. Say how much you can put on a CPU, and maybe a new MB and memory that someone will recommend things at that price point.

I can probably spend around £60-100 im on a serious budget

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Definitely. Your CPU flat out can't handle that GPU, it's just not enough. Lucky for you, the new release of Ryzen processors has made old ones readily available on eBay due to people upgrading. You can snatch a Ryzen 5 1400, 1500X or 1600 for a really good price right no from the used market.

In addition to that, what are your ram specs? You listed 

A few issues here: it's not DDR5, that's not on the market yet. I think you've confused GDDR5 with DDR4. Also, what kit is this? Is it 2x4GB 2666? 1x8GB 2400?

It's 1×8gb don't know how to check that other number

7 minutes ago, Flame ._. said:

It's 1×8gb don't know how to check that other number

Getting another 8GB is the best first move, since memory bandwidth matters a lot in gaming, and an upgrade to Ryzen in the future would also need some dual channel action.

Primary PC: